Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamaica travel advice request

Options
  • 07-03-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

My wife has a dream of going to Jamaica, we have never been there, she has never been in the Caribbean, I have been in Isla Margarita and The Venezuelan coast.

We have two kids aged 5-3 and I am planning to go give her a surprise and travel to Jamaica at the end of this year or next year. I'd like to know the tips of where to go and when to go.

My idea is Montego Bay as it sounds the most fun and safe for the family(correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to know when to go since there is rain and hurricane season in Jamaica but I don't know to which extent. There seems to be cheaper deals during the rainy season.

I also want to know where to stay. I see a lot of offers and hotels, many claim to be family friendly with kids club, etc, but I'd like to hear from someone who has been there to give me the insights, and if is wise to use the child minders services offered by hotels.

Is it wise to rent a car or pay for taxi/tours? And lastly what are the costs of eating and getting around.

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement