Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 30 Captain - Kane or Aguero?

• 07-03-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭

Who's it going to be?

Edit: poll added

GW 30 Captain 160 votes

Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Kane
    66% 107 votes
    Silva
    20% 32 votes
    Yaya
    0% 1 vote
    Arnie
    0% 1 vote
    Siggy
    0% 1 vote
    Vardy
    0% 0 votes
    Kane
    6% 11 votes
    Arsenal player if it goes ahead
    4% 7 votes
    Other, specify in comments
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Kane, Norwich vs. City smells bad for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't see myself opposing Aguero unless press conferences are unkind to his chances of playing 90. They're both playing poor out of form leaky teams but Aguero's goals per minute ratio and just general goal scoring threat is far exceeding Kane's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Aguero at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Kane's so good you put him in the list twice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane, my worry is as a bad as villa are I feel they are due an upset

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Daniels should be in the poll!

Probably Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Kane currently. Surprised to see how low he is in the poll, esp. as City have their European game next week.

Kane currently. Surprised to see how low he is in the poll, esp. as City have their European game next week.

Spurs have a game this week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Spurs have a game this week...

Ah, had forgotten. But still, I think Villa are a good bit worse than Norwich. add in City's troubles on the road, their mixed focus with the CL (Spurs will surely be more interested in the PL) and i thought Kane would get more love this week. I suppose I can see what happens in Spurs Europa game first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Aguero, I'd expect Spurs to beat Villa with minimum fuss but it's after the Dortmund game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Thread title should be "Who's playing Villa and who are you captaining?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ah, had forgotten. But still, I think Villa are a good bit worse than Norwich. add in City's troubles on the road, their mixed focus with the CL (Spurs will surely be more interested in the PL) and i thought Kane would get more love this week. I suppose I can see what happens in Spurs Europa game first.

Spurs record after Europa is SHOCKING

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kane's so good you put him in the list twice :pac:

I meant to put in Mahrez!

Cant seem to edit the poll if someone could enlighten me! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'll be resting my hopes on Mr. Mahrez for this one, bring it home Sir!

I was shocked to see he was excluded from the poll but that sums up this season here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

TacT wrote: »
    I'll be resting my hopes on Mr. Mahrez for this one, bring it home Sir!

I was shocked to see he was excluded from the poll but that sums up this season here.

See the post above, was a mistake. Anyway, Mahrez gets more hauls away from home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Brought Kane into my team for the first time this season, would be a bit rude not captaining him as well! Knowing my luck though after avoiding him all season this will be the week where he get 1 point :pac:

I am getting increasingly tempted by a MNF captain in mahrez......he is gonna get a big haul soon........if Newcastle don't sack mcclaren I might just do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Mahrez or Vardy for me.

Newcastle are a shambles

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Mahrez or Vardy for me.

Newcastle are a shambles

As long as mcclaren is still in charge I am edging away from Aguero in the early ko to a MNF captain !
    Could be a very long weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mahrez/Vardy TC potentially on the cards !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Thinking Aguero now

But I might captain one of the Kane brothers if they get through the Europa League match okay or is rested for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kane for me but if he plays in Dortmund on Thursday I'm switching to aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Kane for me but if he plays in Dortmund on Thursday I'm switching to aguero

Kane hasn't played much european football this year, in the 8 games he's played the 90 minutes in 3, came on as a sub in 3, and took no part in 2.

It's Dortmund though, I'd say Spurs will be full strength bar Alli who's suspended/injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't really fancy Aguero, while Norwich are poor, they've shown improvements in their defense recently and Man City are poor away from home. Not sure to go with Kane after a tough Thursday night game, Mahrez always blanks when I captain him, leaves Vardy but not sure I fancy him to get much of a haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Aguero away to Norwich. Y'know, with such few games being on this GW, a TC could see a huge jump in rankings :P Could cause sheer panic in main leagues too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    As long as mcclaren is still in charge I am edging away from Aguero in the early ko to a MNF captain !
    Could be a very long weekend

MNF, in that case it'll be televised...Newcastle preform considerably better in front of the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

sheroman01 wrote: »
    MNF, in that case it'll be televised...Newcastle preform considerably better in front of the TV!

To be fair I do some of my best work sitting in front of the tv as well.

I'm amazed at all the Aguero love here considering Norwich are a very different beast at home as opposed to away. Given that city couldn't beat Villa away earlier in the season after Garde taking over I can't bring myself to captain Aguero here with the CL game looming around the corner.

• Advertisement

Norwich's last 4 home games have seen them concede 5, 3, 2 & 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

TacT wrote: »
    I'm amazed at all the Aguero love here considering Norwich are a very different beast at home as opposed to away. Given that city couldn't beat Villa away earlier in the season after Garde taking over I can't bring myself to captain Aguero here with the CL game looming around the corner.

An in form Aguero against a team in the relegation zone is pretty much auto captain, rightly or wrongly the way most of this season has played out

An in form Aguero against a team in the relegation zone is pretty much auto captain, rightly or wrongly the way most of this season has played out

Aguero against someone outside the top 6 is almost auto captain at this stage to be honest. Takes a really good hunch to push off him. I remember lots being burned by Lukaku at home to Swansea when Aguero bagged 2 in West Ham. Kane vs Sunderland while Aguero routed Palace another example of even a good goalscorer against a weak team struggling to keep up with Aguero's crazy points per minute.

I mean obviously Aguero can't be top scorer of the Gameweek every week so there are weeks you could beat him with the right person, but I think you'd lose more on average trying to chase that than you could ever hope to gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LostArt wrote: »

And they haven't won in 10 games.

Going to be going with Daniels so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

TacT wrote:
    Going to be going with Daniels so!

I might too :D King Charlie can do no wrong!

• Advertisement

Kane has always let me down when I captained him. And I hate having an early captain.

My brain says Kane, but my gut says Mahrez....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LostArt wrote: »
    djPSB wrote: »
    And they haven't won in 10 games.

Norwich 1-0 Man City imminent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Vardy I think. Newcastle a total mess manager uncertainty etc. Monday night games seem to average more goals too. Kun and Kane good options too, if Spurs weren't playing Dortmund tonight I'd probably give it to Kane, but I expect tonight to be a very high intensity game so there could well be a bit of fatigue for Spurs come Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

manual_man wrote: »
    Vardy I think. Newcastle a total mess manager uncertainty etc. Monday night games seem to average more goals too. Kun and Kane good options too, if Spurs weren't playing Dortmund tonight I'd probably give it to Kane, but I expect tonight to be a very high intensity game so there could well be a bit of fatigue for Spurs come Sunday

SSN saying McLaren won't be in charge and Rafa may take over after Mondays game.

zerks wrote: »
    SSN saying McLaren won't be in charge and Rafa may take over after Mondays game.

Newcastle's last 7 MNF appearances read: 3 goals for, 17 against

• Advertisement

Newcastle's last 7 MNF appearances read: 3 goals for, 17 against

Do we reckon there is anything to those stats? Reckon there is any meaningful correlation between the time of a match and the result? I've seen a lot of people talking about avoiding the early game and loving the Monday night but I don't really see much to it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kane on the bench tonight so will be well rested for Villa!

CSF wrote: »
    Do we reckon there is anything to those stats? Reckon there is any meaningful correlation between the time of a match and the result? I've seen a lot of people talking about avoiding the early game and loving the Monday night but I don't really see much to it myself.

Would take a lot of research on stats to prove one way or the other, but I certainly do have a lot of memories of high scoring games on MNF. Why that is it's impossible to say. The later kick-off, being under floodlights, it being a Monday - who knows. Top of the table clashes (often tight affairs) are almost never MNF - so that could play a bit into the equation too. That said, after seeing the amount of rotation in Spurs lineup tonight, I'm leaning back towards Kane now.

Would take a lot of research on stats to prove one way or the other, but I certainly do have a lot of memories of high scoring games on MNF. Why that is it's impossible to say. The later kick-off, being under floodlights, it being a Monday - who knows. Top of the table clashes (often tight affairs) are almost never MNF - so that could play a bit into the equation too. That said, after seeing the amount of rotation in Spurs lineup tonight, I'm leaning back towards Kane now.

My take on it is that we place more emphasis on games where there are no other games on at the same time. Hence why we're taking small sample sizes of the Saturday 12:45 and Monday 8 pm and judging on those. But I dunno. I can't think of any mitigating factor that would drive any variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MNF is essentially the same thing as my Turner or PVA obsessions. Hold on let me explain :pac:

Basically people emotionally invest themselves in an MNF match as it's the last game of a GW and it's become more socially acceptable to roll the dice for a Monday match. Last roll of a dice, more likely to look like a genius of it pays off.

Statistically it's just another run of the mill game but maybe, just maybe something magical will happen. Just like every player probably finds themselves close to double digits once or twice a season.

MNF = Mickey Turner :cool:

This has been "FPL Mythbusters" exclusive to the FSA Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Monday night or not at the moment I'm going with Mahrez. It'll be either him or Kane.

Definitely Kane for me after that European game.

Players rested and also a reaction to that defeat = Kane captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Going with Kane as well. Have a feeling he'll get plenty of chances against a very poor Aston Villa team who are only playing for pride now.

Going with Kane as well. Have a feeling he'll get plenty of chances against a very poor Aston Villa team who are only playing for pride now.

As a Villa fan I can safely say we're not even playing for pride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

As a Villa fan I can safely say we're not even playing for pride.

I suppose. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement