Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Tablet?

Options
  • 07-03-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I'm looking for a half decent tablet do not care about labels just a handy one for a bit of browsing and some streaming.

Anybody buy one lately that could steer me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm looking for a half decent tablet do not care about labels just a handy one for a bit of browsing and some streaming.

What your budget and screen size?
    Argos are doing a lenovo 8" which is nice for about 80or 90. Can't remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

under 100euro don't really mind the screen size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

http://www.dabs.ie/products/nvidia-shield-tablet-k1-940-81761-2500-500-BQ80.html

Very good tablet, I also have one.
    I think it's cheap tho

7 inch looks a bit small so will be looking for 8-10 inch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Unless I'm blind - I don't see a Manufacturers name for 'that model' on ebay.
    I've experienced the same on several 'discount' sites & the promoters won't even confirm the Make & Model when requested !!!

Whats the Best Tablets on the Market & Price

it says Brand Excelvan Model BT-1009B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

anyway, I woud look for something with at least 2GB ram, 1GB isnt really great.
    Make sure it has 8GB storage at least (you will have about 3-4 left)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Leonovo yoga 2,last year,fairly decent ,10 inch,no problems so far,got it at a discount, maybe worth a Google?

I bought a Lenovo Miix 10 off ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Tablets - like everything else - you get what you pay for but no need to pay over the top either

Reviews /Comparisons: when I was looking at this last year I noted that many reviews compared the cheaper tablets with the more expensive branded products like ipads and Samsung tabs (which is not really a fair comparison)

Less than €100 - you in the budget range and build quality/screen may be an issue

In the €200 range - the Lenovo Yoga 10 inch is recommended (€10 cheaper in PC World last week anyway €207)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4447267/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

< €150 range
    Lenova 10" Tab 2
    I got this last year for Fathers day and I think its a great bit of kit (better than my wife's older Samsung tab)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4648774/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm
    I use it for facebook, emails, browsing, RTE player, Channel 4 player, Netflix and watching streamed or downloaded movies listening to music. Brought it to Spain twice last year
    8" might be a cheaper option @ €108.99

There are lots of other options:
    You would have to consider this 4G version (although I have not seen it)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4288653/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

<€100
    Lots of 7" options
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4449014/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

DID.ie have a couple of ex-display models for sale.

But I would recommend upping the budget to €150 (if you can) and get Lenovo Tab 2 or whatever model suits your needs best.

Hi, this is a little above your budget but I got one in December and find it great. It's rooted though so may not suit everyone.
    Fusion5
    4.5 out of 5 stars 190 Reviews
    10.6" Fusion5 108 Octa Core Android Tablet PC - 2GB RAM - 16GB Storage - Android 5.1 Lollipop - Bluetooth 4.0 - 1366*768 IPS Screen - 7200mAh battery - 2MP front and 5MP rear camera, AutoFocus - Supports OTA Updates

Hi,
    One other thing to bear in mind - do you need a cover.
    Is so are they freely available?
    Universal covers are available but may not suit your needs.
    If at all possible try and get a cover bundled with the tablet - when you buy it.

Hi, this range has its own high quality cover and screen protector too. I bought one when I ordered the tablet but about a week after it arrived they emailed explaining that if I left honest feedback on Amazon they would send one free, ðŸ‘

quote="Bravobabe;99016042"]Hi,
    One other thing to bear in mind - do you need a cover.
    Is so are they freely available?
    Universal covers are available but may not suit your needs.
    If at all possible try and get a cover bundled with the tablet - when you buy it.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Asmooh wrote: »
    anyway, I woud look for something with at least 2GB ram, 1GB isnt really great.
    Make sure it has 8GB storage at least (you will have about 3-4 left)

Can I just ask as really only want a Tablet for Skype, browsing internet & emails would it make much difference if I got a tablet with 1GB ram?

Saw the Samsung with 2GB or the Lenovo had 1GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" White Tablet €259.99

Lenovo Tab 2 A10 HD 10 Inch 16GB Tablet- Midnight Blue €149.99

I bought a Lenovo Miix 10 off ebay

Nearly purchased one of these from Argos on Saturday.
    Then discovered it was Windows 10 rather than android.

How do you find it?

Can I just ask as really only want a Tablet for Skype, browsing internet & emails would it make much difference if I got a tablet with 1GB ram?

Saw the Samsung with 2GB or the Lenovo had 1GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" White Tablet €259.99

Lenovo Tab 2 A10 HD 10 Inch 16GB Tablet- Midnight Blue €149.99

Hi I have experience of both
    I like Samsung's - all my TVs are Samsung and I would always recommend them. although my last Samsung tab (wives really) had to be exchanged due to a wifi connection issue. But the replacement works well

However the Lenovo is a great tablet for the price. Perfect for Skype & browsing.

I would suggest that you get the cover for any tablet.

You could consider the New Lenova 2gb for about €220 or the Miix which is windows based (I prefer android).

When it comes to ram - bigger is always better, but it depends on your budget. €149 is a good value. If you lose it, or drop it - well its not the end of the world (when the dust settles)

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Nearly purchased one of these from Argos on Saturday.
    Then discovered it was Windows 10 rather than android.

How do you find it?

not great to be fair I gave up on it Saturday ill give it a go again tonight, it is windows 8.1

Advertisement