Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courier service

• 07-03-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

folks i need to send two packages to london uk, i have rang one curiour who gave me a valid reason not to send them, however has any one info as regards a reasonable priced curiour service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I've used parcel motel to send stuff. Handy and reasonable. May not work for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

+1 for Parcel Motel. I sent a package to my friend in the UK at Xmas. It cost me about €15 with Parcel Motel, An Post wanted €37!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Also check https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/ - they can give good quotes with GLS, I've sent 5kg to London with them for 15e delivered 2 days later

Also check https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/ - they can give good quotes with GLS, I've sent 5kg to London with them for 15e delivered 2 days later

I had a REALLY confusing experience with them. Paid online, happy out, bring it to the local agent and he says hmmm I dunno about this, you're supposed to pay me.

Now, honestly if they didn't have some way of crediting these guys set up and fully explained it just seems amateur. Maybe they have ironed out the wrinkles by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I had a REALLY confusing experience with them. Paid online, happy out, bring it to the local agent and he says hmmm I dunno about this, you're supposed to pay me.

Now, honestly if they didn't have some way of crediting these guys set up and fully explained it just seems amateur. Maybe they have ironed out the wrinkles by now.

Wierd, parcel2go always just billed me no matter what actual courior I picked. GLS did however cancel the pickup several times owing to "lack of address information"......turns out you just need to put the eircode as the house name if you live any bit rurally

• Advertisement

Wierd, parcel2go always just billed me no matter what actual courior I picked. GLS did however cancel the pickup several times owing to "lack of address information"......turns out you just need to put the eircode as the house name if you live any bit rurally

Abort abort reverse. Maybe it was some other crowd I was thinking of. It was GLS ONLY, I had a feeling it was to GLS what parcel motel is to nightline, one and the same, not a tool for searching various couriers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 BattleReady

flutered wrote:
    folks i need to send two packages to london uk, i have rang one curiour who gave me a valid reason not to send them, however has any one info as regards a reasonable priced curiour service

You should give the guys at ParcelDirect.ie a go. Very cheap and great service.

Have had loads of issues with p2g and their so called customer service is atrocious

Advertisement