Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamanaran

Options
  • 07-03-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone got any opinions on Stamanaran?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Principal opinion I have on it is that - if I lived in it - the first motion I'd place before the first meeting of the residents' association would be to petition to change its bloody stupid name.

Other than that, should be a nice enough place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TwoCats

Yeah, we've had a few discussions about the name here. There seems to be a knack to it, I'd say I'd get the hang of saying it in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

They should just change it to 'Stammering' - sounds the same when you try to pronounce it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

What's the latest opinions on Stamanaran now? Thinking of moving there, looks nice, near Felda gym, Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭The Darkroom

R11 wrote: »
    What's the latest opinions on Stamanaran now? Thinking of moving there, looks nice, near Felda gym, Supervalu.

Where are you coming from? It all depends.

Stamanaran is a very popular place to live right now for a number of reasons. It's extremely small and quiet.

In addition to this there is the Felda right in front of it, supervalu, pharmacy, costa coffee and if you're working in ebay, national pen or paypal you're in for a treat as they're just around the corner.

The beach is only a 2 minute drive away at the main village.

Which part of it are you looking at exactly? the town houses, the towered houses or the newly built ones directly behind the felda?

I know someone who lives in Stamanaran and visit them often so I know it very well.

• Advertisement

Looking to move out a bit from town. Always liked Blackrock, even though prices are a bit higher! Saw last week that there's a 4 bed detached (3 storey ones) for sale with blue sky property. It's at the back so seems quiet which might suit us with young kids. Like the fact that it's near gym, Supervalu etc. Where does your friend live? Do they like the area? Thanks

Looking to move out a bit from town. Always liked Blackrock, even though prices are a bit higher! Saw last week that there's a 4 bed detached (3 storey ones) for sale with blue sky property. It's at the back so seems quiet which might suit us with young kids. Like the fact that it's near gym, Supervalu etc. Where does your friend live? Do they like the area? Thanks

She lives in the three bedroom town houses when you go in and all the way around.

Are you referring to the 4 bed 3 storey ones that are facing the road? Quiet enough there but not sure about being beside the busy road. That would put me off a little bit due to the passing traffic etc etc.

It's behind the tall ones at the front so it'd be quieter as it's not facing the road. It's just up from the 3 bed semi detached houses and townhouses. Does she like the area /neighborhood?

It's behind the tall ones at the front so it'd be quieter as it's not facing the road. It's just up from the 3 bed semi detached houses and townhouses. Does she like the area /neighborhood?

There's lots of families and so lots of kids that come along with that. If you're looking for a familial type neighborhood then it's for you. So far so good no complaints.

Go around on a busy evening like a friday or saturday. Even today whilst the kids are off school and you'll get an idea of how busy it can be on/off days.

Neighbours are ok and sure not everyone is perfect. Just be careful with the kids as some of them are prone to going around scratching peoples cars not vindictively they're just babies but you have to watch out for that.

Other than that I really can't think of any reason why you shouldn't move there.

Yeh, seems suited to people with young kids(which we have!) . Nice wee green area in front of those houses ... Though grass was in bad need of cutting when I was there last week! Might drive up there again later, thanks for your help/advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement