Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortness of breath

Options
  • 07-03-2016 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

So I've been vaping for 3 years now. Ego batteries, Kanger clearos and mainly Liquia eliquids. Simple stuff. About a year ago I started cutting right back and only vape at night and lowered the Nic level down to 3 or 6 mg.

That's been going fine, have the odd analogue when I'm drinking and don't have my vape but that's rare enough.

Recently my set up died so I got a Coolfire 4 that I've paired with an aerotank mini that I had on the ego, 1.6ohm/1.8ohm coils at around 10w so similar enough power to the ego I would think. Just to confuse things more somewhere along the line I started trying out different juices too. So I can't pin point when this started.

Anyway recently I noticed I'm having trouble breathing (after running up stairs etc) which is pretty worrying because I'd be quite a fit guy. Initially I thought it was from a cold but now I'm pretty sure it's the vaping.

I'll leave the vape alone for a few days and see if it disappers, otherwise ill go to the doctor.

If it does dissapear I imagine I've developed an allergy to either PG or VG or a flavouring in one of my juices. So I'd like to get my hands on some small samples of pure flavourless, nicoteenlees PG and VG. Anyone know a reliable source to pick some up from?

Apologies on the rambling post but thought some background might help anyone who's had similar experiences and would like to chime in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

You can get flavourless base from pick n mix DIY.

So you can get say 50/50 or 70/30 with whatever nic strength. Its available premixed or you could make it up yourself.

Most people would be intolerant to PG, but I would have thought Liqua would have a lot of PG in it. What did you switch to out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've not heard of anyone having reactions to VG, but PG allergies are very common. Liqua juices are 70% PG from what I remember. I used to get the odd headache in my earlier vape days, because I was vaping nothing but high PG juices. Nowadays I never drop below 70 VG, and I don't find any side effects from it. Not had a headache in a long time.

You can get VG from Boots, not sure about PG though. You can order it from many of the Irish online vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭birofunk

I've got some Khali Vapors Sunset Blvd which is 60/40 and Arkansas E Liquid Apple Pie Moonshine which is 80/20 so both higher VG juices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

It would be worth trying a few days off as you suggested. You would know for sure. And visit a GP if you think necessary.

Doesn't sound like a PG intolerance given how high Liqua is.

And the aerotank seems to be vaping alright? Pretty sure you'd know if it was wrong.

• Advertisement

The aerotank is vaping perfectly. I have read that you can develop a PG intolerance and also read that some people have an aversion to high levels of VG in juices.

I'll give it a few days rest and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I get sharp lung pains every now and then, I know it's not from vaping, it's from my smoking days. When it gets a little too sore, I stop vaping for a bit. I'll at least cut it down to just the odd puff when I feel an urge for nic for a few days at least. It can be a bit of a test, but you'll get a better idea if it's vaping related or not. My money is on PG intolerance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

birofunk wrote: »
    The aerotank is vaping perfectly. I have read that you can develop a PG intolerance and also read that some people have an aversion to high levels of VG in juices.

First go to your GP and get yourself checked,if it's vaping related then it's a matter of elimination till you find the problem,certain concentrates can also cause a reaction,might be worth your while getting an unflavoured 50/50 VG/PG mix for a while and see how you get on.
    Keep us posted and good luck.

Will do. Thanks everyone for your help!

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks for the tip, I've ordered some Omg 10ml 100% VG and 100% PG so I can do some experimenting when my breathing turns to normal/after i've seen GP.

• Advertisement

So i knocked the vaping on the head for a few days until my breathing went back to normal.

Vaped some 0mg 100% VG without flavouring last night and had the same shortness of breath and heavy chest feeling.

I'll try adding some PG tonight and see how I go. I reckon the VG is too heavy for my lungs and the extra VG in my new juices was causing the problem.

Looks like it'll be back to the Liquia for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

So i knocked the vaping on the head for a few days until my breathing went back to normal.

Vaped some 0mg 100% VG without flavouring last night and had the same shortness of breath and heavy chest feeling.

I'll try adding some PG tonight and see how I go. I reckon the VG is too heavy for my lungs and the extra VG in my new juices was causing the problem.

Looks like it'll be back to the Liquia for me.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys. Tried the PG and didn't see much improvement. Stayed off the vape for another few days and was still getting the shortness of breath.

Just went to see my GP and he reckons its an asmathic reaction to a cold I had. I might have been too quick to blame the vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Thanks guys. Tried the PG and didn't see much improvement. Stayed off the vape for another few days and was still getting the shortness of breath.

Just went to see my GP and he reckons its an asmathic reaction to a cold I had. I might have been too quick to blame the vape.

At least you know know, hope you will feel better soon.

Good luck with the Vaping, its a million times better than smoking.

Advertisement