Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

study time

Options
  • 07-03-2016 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi - what do you think is the appropriate amount of study time for a Junior Cert student? I am arguing with my son who tells me 2 hrs per day is enough ... i don't agree ... what do you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends how well they listen in school. Some do all their work and 'study' in the classroom by paying attention.

Two hours on top of homework could be loads for someone who pays attention. Ten hours wouldn't be enough for someone who pays no heed to what goes on in class.

The JC is not that difficult for a literate, motivated child. The problems come when they do well at JC and think it's going to be as easy at LC.

Advertisement