Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High usage text message threatening account suspension

Options
  • 07-03-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

I got 3 text messages in quick succession today.

The first telling me that I was about to be disconnected due to unusually high usage on my account???

The second and third telling me this would be a possibility unless I contacted eir customer service to make an advance payment.

I pay eir €67 a month for "unlimited" broadband. According to my "my eir" app I have only used 15gb of my "unlimited" allowance. I use this for online gaming and watching netflix. 

I have not increased my usage in any way and I find the demand for an advance payment frankly insulting.

I attempted to make contact with your customer service line today, but was left on hold 15 minutes before I abandoned my call. 

Any disruption to my service will be followed by a complaint to the communications regulator as I am well within the fair usage policy of 500gb. 

I am resorting to this method of communication as it appears to be impossible to get your company on the phone. 

I would like to be contacted in relation to this matter as I believe these messages are unfairly restricting my usage of a product I am paying for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi source,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm afraid if a customer has excessive usage on an account there service can be barred for the protection of the customer.
    This message might not be relating to the internet usage, it can also relate to landline or mobile usage. Can you PM me your account number and I will check this?

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hi source,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm afraid if a customer has excessive usage on an account there service can be barred for the protection of the customer.
    This message might not be relating to the internet usage, it can also relate to landline or mobile usage. Can you PM me your account number and I will check this?

Pamela 

Hi Pamela

Pm sent however I only have TV and internet with eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Thanks for your help with this.

Mods you can close this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

No problem source :)

Pamela

Advertisement