Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I subscribed but banners are still there

Options
  • 07-03-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭

Hi, as I said it in the title I have subscribed but banner ads are still there and are very intrusive and obstructive.
    Can you please help? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Actually not just banners but I got no stars, and nothing of a subscriber benefit.
    I have confirmation email that payment via PayPal went through though.

Help?

I sent an email to moderator about this also but got no response so far.

So I subscribed yesterday just to try it, paid 5 euro for a month via PayPal and charge went through but no change here whatsoever? I hope this one day that nothing happened will not be counted in my month subscription also?

I am wondering what is going on, can anyone help me please? Is there something I missed?

Anyone? Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The automatic adding of subscriber status isn't working due to the addition of the CloudFlare anti-DDOS layer, so the office is adding them manually. Which I'm sure Niamh will get to later today.

Thank you very much Spear, there is no info on that anywhere to be found so perhaps it could be written somewhere (at least I did not find it)?

Also can you confirm please that since my subscription has to be activated manually then this day of no change will not be counted - but one month will be from the day of activation. Also just for the info, what is one month - is it 30 days? or 31 days?

I hope to hear form you soon just to clarify these things : )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There are numerous similar threads in the Helpdesk.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your answer, Spear, but Helpdesk is where? I apologize as I am not very familiar around here so help would be much appreciated.

Btw I used Search to find the answer but nothing really useful came up :o

I also looked through "new bees" and this issue was not listed there....

• Moderators Posts: 51,791 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

Hi Delirium, thanks I just found it, but will anyone look at my issue or I need to re-post this there to find the answer(s) I asked about?
    Thanks a lot.

Lavinia wrote: »
    Hi Delirium, thanks I just found it, but will anyone look at my issue or I need to re-post this there to find the answer(s) I asked about?
    Thanks a lot.

Ideally posted there, but Niamh is also checking in here regularly.

Spear wrote: »
    Ideally posted there, but Niamh is also checking in here regularly.

Thanks I will re-post there with link to this thread then so and hope for the resolution :)
    Would be nice to see what are subscription benefits (starting with removal of the ads which are particularly obstructing when accessing the Boards from mobile phone).

Have a good day!

• Advertisement

This has now been resolved so you may close this topic if there's a benefit from it. Thanks :)

Advertisement