Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Agent - Flights - Change to Flight Departure Time

Options
  • 07-03-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for advice on my rights for the following scenario.

I booked flights via a travel agent. The return flight booked includes a change over in another airport. All OK with that and the booking went through fine.

However now the airline has made a change which means there is only a 10 minute change over time in the stop over for the return flight which isn't doable so means I need to change flight details.

I've contacted the airline (as I wanted the connection flight to a later time so I could make the connection) they said I need to talk with the travel agent so I've now contacted the travel agent I booked with to see what my options are. I'm waiting to hear back from them which hopefully I will tomorrow.

In the mean time I'd just like to understand what my rights are or how I can find out. i.e. looking up return flights now the prices have at least doubled since I booked so I'm worried I'll have to pay at lot extra to get a return flight.

I did try google but any pages I find seem to relate to consumer rights where a flight is delayed or cancelled rather than my scenario which is slightly different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,821 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the 2nd flight with the same airline or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Is the 2nd flight with the same airline or another?

both flights are with the same airline yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

All should be fine, as long as Bravofly aren't part of the equation.. then you're screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

If its a travel agent and you booked it as a single package with them, you'll be fine.

That's the huge advantage of dealing with a travel agent - its their repsonsibility to correct any error or unforseen change in the item you purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Hi, I'm looking for advice on my rights for the following scenario.

I booked flights via a travel agent. The return flight booked includes a change over in another airport. All OK with that and the booking went through fine.

However now the airline has made a change which means there is only a 10 minute change over time in the stop over for the return flight which isn't doable so means I need to change flight details.

I've contacted the airline (as I wanted the connection flight to a later time so I could make the connection) they said I need to talk with the travel agent so I've now contacted the travel agent I booked with to see what my options are. I'm waiting to hear back from them which hopefully I will tomorrow.

In the mean time I'd just like to understand what my rights are or how I can find out. i.e. looking up return flights now the prices have at least doubled since I booked so I'm worried I'll have to pay at lot extra to get a return flight.

I did try google but any pages I find seem to relate to consumer rights where a flight is delayed or cancelled rather than my scenario which is slightly different.

so are you saying that there is 10 mins from the time you land to the time your second flight will depart?
    The travel agent will make the relevant changes for you and there should be 0 cost to you even if the flights go up in price. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Tippex wrote: »
    so are you saying that there is 10 mins from the time you land to the time your second flight will depart?
    The travel agent will make the relevant changes for you and there should be 0 cost to you even if the flights go up in price. Let us know how you get on.

yeah exactly, org when the return flight was booked there was an hour and a half in between which was doable. Then the airline changed the departure time of the return flight meaning the differences was only 10 minutes which wasn't doable!

Got sorted today after, have to say while I was worried myself it was actually very smooth no trouble at all so I have to give credit to E Travel who I'd booked with. Professional, helpful and pain free.

They offered me options and amended my booking to the requested one quickly and no additional cost (as it was the airline who caused this rather than me looking to change) so I'm happy and I would book through them again based on this experience.

I had been worried as I'd been looking at the options myself and the flights had jumped in cost considerable so I was worried I'd be charged extra for it but there was no problem there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

yeah exactly, org when the return flight was booked there was an hour and a half in between which was doable. Then the airline changed the departure time of the return flight meaning the differences was only 10 minutes which wasn't doable!

Got sorted today after, have to say while I was worried myself it was actually very smooth no trouble at all so I have to give credit to E Travel who I'd booked with. Professional, helpful and pain free.

They offered me options and amended my booking to the requested one quickly and no additional cost (as it was the airline who caused this rather than me looking to change) so I'm happy and I would book through them again based on this experience.

I had been worried as I'd been looking at the options myself and the flights had jumped in cost considerable so I was worried I'd be charged extra for it but there was no problem there at all.

Great to hear you got sorted.
    It's one of the major selling points in booking through a travel agent (but then again I'm biased on that one) :)

Advertisement