Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Evision issues

Options
  • 08-03-2016 12:46am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello Eir reps, I hope you can help me. I had Efibre and Evision installed just over 3 weeks ago, with a third multi room box installed last Friday. I have to admit that I was very happy with the ordering process, the install process and the quality of the picture and menus.

Unfortunately my continued happiness has not lasted too long as I have a number of different issues with each box. I've made a list of these below:

Box 1 - Eir menus appear with channel sound, but no channel picture. Picture freezes and will only unfreeze once you have switched to another channel and back. This can last 5 seconds or 5 minutes, but once you flick channel it is okay.

Box 2 - Unit powers itself off completely. Unit resets itself completely. Unit will remain off with red LED, pressing power button on the remote control will register a flash on the LED, but unit will remain off.

Box 3 - Picture freezes and will only unfreeze once you have switched to another channel and back. This can last 5 seconds or 5 minutes, but once you flick channel it is okay. (I've only used this box for 3 or 4 hours, so plenty of time yet for further issues).

Now, we have a busy house with many people using the service, so some will reset it, some will start watching on another box, while others will await for my arrival home to ask what have a I signed us up too? My broadband connection is good, so do not believe it is related to this.

I see from the list of previous issues, you have asked customers to contact technical support, however in these cases the issues are solved within 5 minutes until the next occurrence. The one time I did ring support due to a reset not working, the tech only dealt with fibre issues and transferred me to Evision support. This call was never answered.

I point the above process out as I am hoping for a little bit more than just a standard response. I work in customer service, I know the drill, apologise, then empathise, then move it to PM, or not if you insist on me making a call to technical support. The reason I would like a little bit more is because it seems the issues I am having, have been about for a while. A quick Google gives me the below links:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057569638
    https://community.eir.ie/billing-3/evision-no-picture-but-sound-89285
    https://community.eir.ie/account-queries-100/e-vision-not-working-75035
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057337947
    https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25/evision-freezing-after-5-minutes-77949

My own opinion is that there is some flacky firmware on the boxes, and if I have had these issues in a short space of time, with others having them over a year ago, then someone in your tech support department knows about it. Can I please ask that you escalate these points to your support team to either get clarification, or if there is a magic fix that can work these problems out. I might watch about an hour of broadcast TV a week, but I would like an easy life for everyone else in the house who has to experience these issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi delly,

I'm very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and I understand completely the frustration this must be causing you.
    I'm afraid I would be unable to troubleshoot this issue from here and it would need to be troubleshooted directly with the technical support team.

You can contact them directly on 1890260260, freephone 1901 option 2 and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot this issue with you.

- Pamela 

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hi delly,

I'm very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and I understand completely the frustration this must be causing you.
    I'm afraid I would be unable to troubleshoot this issue from here and it would need to be troubleshooted directly with the technical support team.

You can contact them directly on 1890260260, freephone 1901 option 2 and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot this issue with you.

- Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to reply.

With the greatest respect, is this the most that you can offer me? As it stands now at this moment, my system is working. But repeated issues of the same type that others have had, points to a bigger issue. Can you not escalate this internally to your support department, or even in your own customer service department for someone to take some responsibility in trying to get a better system for all of your customer base? Would this be possible, or is it a total non runner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

delly wrote: »
    Hi delly,

- Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to reply.

With the greatest respect, is this the most that you can offer me? As it stands now at this moment, my system is working. But repeated issues of the same type that others have had, points to a bigger issue. Can you not escalate this internally to your support department, or even in your own customer service department for someone to take some responsibility in trying to get a better system for all of your customer base? Would this be possible, or is it a total non runner?
    I'm afraid the support team would need to troubleshoot this issue with you directly to identify the issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused I understand this is frustrating.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement