Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup contacts??

Options
  • 08-03-2016 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭

My mother has a pre historic nokia phone with full size sim.
    She is on the 3 network

I have bought her a Vodafone smart ultra 6 which I am going to get unlocked and put her on the tesco €15 plan

My question is, How do I go about backing up her contacts to put on the new nano sim?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Go into a phone shop and theyll swap the contacts over to the new sim.

Then the phone will back up automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Go into a phone shop and theyll swap the contacts over to the new sim.

Then the phone will back up automatically

I am not sure if 3 would be happy backing up contacts to a Tesco mobile sim??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

vectra wrote: »
    I am not sure if 3 would be happy backing up contacts to a Tesco mobile sim??

Doubt they'd care.. Similar to getting your phone unlocked at the end of a contract.. Just part of their service..

Doubt they'd care.. Similar to getting your phone unlocked at the end of a contract.. Just part of their service..

Could they back them up to a pen drive for me I wonder?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Copy contacts to old sim from the phone, go into contact settings in the Nokia then get someone in tesco to copy the old sim to the new sim.
    When you've the new sim with the contacts on it in the new phone copy the contacts to her google account on the new phone, that way if she ever looses the new phone or deletes anything it'll all be backed up to google.
    Just be aware with tesco you can't get credit everywhere also if the phone needs to be repaired it'll be relocked to Vodafone and you'll need to unlock it again.
    Tbh buy your mam a a phone on which ever network she's going on and not necessarily the cheapest one..

• Advertisement

@ drunkenmonkey
    The problem is I am nowhere near a tesco with that facility.

I wouldnt be worried about having to re unlock the phone after any repair.

Might drop into the 3 shop later and ask them if they can back them up for me.

Advertisement