Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Properties not listed on Daft / MyHome

Options
  • 08-03-2016 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭

Are there many properties that don't get listed on Daft or MyHome? And, if so, how would you go about finding those that aren't?

There seems to be very little difference between the two sites in terms of contents too, I've yet to see a property on one that didn't have a listing on the other!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

There is the odd estate agent who puts it on myhome and not daft and the odd direct seller who puts it on daft and not my home in my many years of looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anywhere worth looking other than the two sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Not really. There's http://www.sellityourself.ie/ perhaps its more popular in your area then mine but the only time I ever saw a property on it that wasn't on either of the main ones was something massively overpriced and a good few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It's rare they're not on Myhome, very rare they're not one one or the other. In some cases a seller will have odd requirements - there's nowt as queer as folk - so a property might not be listed and the EA told to get A, B, C buyer that meets the requirements of the seller. The only way to find those is a relationship with the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There is an EA in Galway who occasionally advertises to owners, offering effectively quiet / confidential sales: no open advertising, no open houses etc. I understand that he does enough business to make it worth his while.

Presumably even these properties eventually show up on the Residential Property Price Register (https://www.propertypriceregister.ie) - but you would of course need to know what to look for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement