Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 70W SON fitting cutting in/out erratically.

Options
  • 08-03-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I replaced an old 200w swan neck type fitting about 6 months ago with a brand new Eclipse 70w Son lamp.
    Ever since it has been erratic. Will come on when switched on from cold. Could stay lighting for anything from 2mins to 30 mins then cut out and could stay off from 2 mins to 10 mins before lighting again. I understand that these lights must cool before they can come back on again.
    A neighbouring farmer has similar type lights but give out white light. He told me it could be just a bad connection somewhere or could be a voltage problem as we are at the end of a long ESB line. He had similar problems with lights when starting his milking machine. Would the starting of another electric appliance cause it to cut out or is it just a faulty fitting? Lights do dim when my well pump starts.

Advertisement