Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5s Unlock without Itunes??

• 08-03-2016 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi I have an Iphone 5s, contacted Vodafone last week to get it unlocked and received the mail with all the info yesterday.

my only problem is, I went to download itunes on my old old old laptop and its telling me i need windows 7 or higher. i went into a store to see could they unlock it for me on their computers but they told me its against company policy....

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Have you tried an authorised apple service provider? They should be able to do it for you if you have one near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

Who or where is there Apple authorised dealers?? I'm in Dundrum...thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CompuB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

tonyrich1 wrote: »
    Hi I have an Iphone 5s, contacted Vodafone last week to get it unlocked and received the mail with all the info yesterday.

my only problem is, I went to download itunes on my old old old laptop and its telling me i need windows 7 or higher. i went into a store to see could they unlock it for me on their computers but they told me its against company policy....

Any help much appreciated.

I had a phone unlocked by 3 last week and it worked fine without connecting to iTunes. I think that was changed with more recent versions of iOS. Have you tried a non-Vodafone SIM in it since getting confirmation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It should happen over the air. That's been the case the last few times I got iPhones unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

I received an email saying I would have to back it up to iTunes... I will try a different sim in it and see does it work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Never mind the email.

Advertisement