Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bantry Harbour works.

Options
  • 08-03-2016 12:20pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do you know they have started,traffic jams on the harbour road,take the rope walk into town if you are in a hurry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The work to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Great news. I'd seen the earthworks at the weekend and was wondering what was going on. I wonder will the Whiddy workers be able to park their cars on the reclaimed land.

Extract from the page linked by Ghost Train above:

Phase 1, which is likely to cost €8.5m, will consist of the following principal elements:

20 berth Marina (quayside pontoons)
    Dredging to a depth of 4 metres to allow vessels access to the inner harbour
    Remedial works to Town Pier (widening and extending)
    4,000m2 of reclaimed landscaped amenity area
    Construction of 60m long floating breakwater pontoon
    Beach nourishment at Cove site

Where will the "Beach nourishment at Cove" be? Is it beside the old railway pier?

There are more articles at
    www portofcork.ie/index.cfm/page/currentnews/id/169
    www bantrybayport.com/strategicdevelopment

(Sorry, I can't post links yet - just add the missing dots)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Cove is beside the old railway pier.I dont think there will be parking on the reclaimed land.

Advertisement