Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three returns policy

Options
  • 08-03-2016 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭

I was miss-sold an item in the Three store in Dundalk at the weekend. Its a Muvit VR (Google cardboard type device) and was told it would fit my Galaxy Note 4.

Two members of staff told me it would fit and showed me the item. I took their word on it and bought the item, only to find out when the phone is put in it turns itself off because the buttons are depressed.

I brought it back and the manager point blank refused to entertain any refund and basically called me a liar, said I was shown it working on my phone when I wasn't.

I've contacted Three who seem to be backing up their complete no return policy. I know this is not legal, where do I stand on it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id ask the manager to show you it working on your phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Riamfada wrote: »
    Id ask the manager to show you it working on your phone now.

He was instantly dismissive and wouldn't even discuss the item with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Contact the manufacturer by email, ask is it compatible with your phone. If they say it isn't bring the email into the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A quick look on the Three forum will show that they are dreadful when it comes to returns. For example if you buy a phone from them online they will recognise the 14 day cooling off period. However there are lots of cases of people buying phones in Three Stores, having been assured that they are in a good coverage area, only to find that the phone doesn't work at home. In these cases Three will only cancel the contract if & it's a very big if, their engineers agree that there is a network fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Discodog wrote: »
    A quick look on the Three forum will show that they are dreadful when it comes to returns. For example if you buy a phone from them online they will recognise the 14 day cooling off period. However there are lots of cases of people buying phones in Three Stores, having been assured that they are in a good coverage area, only to find that the phone doesn't work at home. In these cases Three will only cancel the contract if & it's a very big if, their engineers agree that there is a network fault.

Did you read the op? The poster is trying to return a cardboard vr device not a phone.

OP, if it's not working just stay in the store and kick up a fuss (nicely) until the manager actually listens to you. I don't understand why he wouldn't listen, as its only a small ticket item. And to speak to the person who sold it to you as well.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Did you read the op? The poster is trying to return a cardboard vr device not a phone.

OP, if it's not working just stay in the store and kick up a fuss (nicely) until the manager actually listens to you. I don't understand why he wouldn't listen, as its only a small ticket item. And to speak to the person who sold it to you as well.

Obviously & the point is that, if Three will mis sell a phone, they will mis sell accessories.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you tried posting on the Talk to Three Forum -> http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

All networks do it that way though.

Graham wrote: »
    Have you tried posting on the Talk to Three Forum -> http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367

The manufacturer hasnt answered any of my emails or messages on Facebook and Three when I spoke to them over several days via Facebook told me its down to the shop.

D3V!L wrote: »
    The manufacturer hasnt answered any of my emails or messages on Facebook and Three when I spoke to them over several days via Facebook told me its down to the shop.

Post on the three forum as suggested by the other poster, they are very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Post on the three forum as suggested by the other poster, they are very helpful.

Those shops are independent and have nothing to do with three themselves. Only recourse is the shop itself, or the scc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Those shops are independent and have nothing to do with three themselves. Only recourse is the shop itself, or the scc.

Three shops wouldn't be independent.

Maybe follow the advice on here OP. http://www.consumerhelp.ie/how-to-complain and see where it gets you.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Three shops wouldn't be independent.

Maybe follow the advice on here OP. http://www.consumerhelp.ie/how-to-complain and see where it gets you.

They are franchised and totally independent. Threes head office have no involvement here, its completely down to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've one of these it doesn't fit the note 4, it's too big, the store manager should sort it out as they told you it would fit and it doesn't.

I've one of these it doesn't fit the note 4, it's too big, the store manager should sort it out as they told you it would fit and it doesn't.

You'd think wouldn't you !! :rolleyes:

He point blankly told me there's no returns and wouldn't entertain it one bit.

Any chance you paid by credit card? Or a visa debit card?

Any chance you paid by credit card? Or a visa debit card?

Debit card .

Debit card .

Visa debit? Goods not as described, do a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could always sell it to someone, for €25 it's a cheap VR headset and it basically a gear VR. They both do the same thing.

Really? Have you read the complaints from people who were mis sold phone contracts? The Three reps answer is basically tough luck.

• Advertisement

Really? Have you read the complaints from people who were mis sold phone contracts? The Three reps answer is basically tough luck.

They've helped me on multiple occasions which is what I'm basing my opinion on

Advertisement