Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 years separated - what now?

• 08-03-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭

I will be 4 years separated next month.

I have no legal separation document, ex started the ball in motion 3 years ago for one but never saw it through.

We have nothing to contest no children, property, savings together nothing at all.

Neither me nor my solicitor have heard from him in over 2 years. Solicitor wrote to his solicitor before Christmas and no reply.

Where does this leave me? Can I get divorced without his consent?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm fairly certain you can't as there are a few things like pension adjustment orders etc that need to be signed off by both of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

On the draft legal separation form that was signed we both agreed not to pursue each other for either persons pension

( I suspect his is slightly better value than mine as he earned more than me at the time of separation)

I presume then this would have no legal standing in court so :(

I have just gotten to that point where I can wait no more life has been on hold for so long and now patience is turning to anger :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

What does your solicitor suggest now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

idnkph wrote: »
    What does your solicitor suggest now?

Waiting to hear back from them but just trying to find out as much info as possible that I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Get your solicitor to set the ball in motion for the divorce. Let him get served with the divorce papers. When I got my divorce due to other family issues I wasn't present. I had however emailed my exhusbands solicitor to explain the situation and to say I wasn't contesting it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement