Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calving Jack

Options
  • 08-03-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hows it going.

We have a calving jack Vink Alternate Traction Calving Jack. We have used this on occasions where it has been required and have found it ok. The vet was with us a few weeks back and wouldn't use it and went out for his own one in the van. It was disassembled and he screwed it together and away he went. He maintained the one we had wouldn't give you as much control as the one he had. Don't know why. Anyone recommend what jacks they use.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

It's what he's used to. Vinck are a good jack but I seen a few that wouldn't use them. I've a standard ratchet jack and while some don't like them I find it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

I'm just after jacking a calf using the standard jack with the square shaft. It's the only one I've ever had and find it good enough but the shaft is very rough and with a hard pull i always have a few cuts on my hands. The head of the Jack can slip sometimes if it's not kept in the right position but it's not a major problem as long as the cow stays still and doesn't go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks for the replies. I'd say it all comes down to what your used to. So far so good with the jack but good to hear yer opinions. Sound out

Advertisement