Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Hold/Double Charging

Options
  • 08-03-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

davidod87 wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried to have this query answered over the phone through banking 365 but unfortunately the person I talked to was extremely unhelpful and dismissive. 

I booked some flights with 3 different airlines on the 04/05th March and they initially all went through with no issue. However today (8th) I was debited the original amount again on all three purchases from my account.

I managed to get through to one of the airlines, they told me they had put on a hold in addition to the amount taken initally on booking, but they had released it again straight away (on the 4th). They said it should be back now.

If these double charges are indeed due to holds (Im not even sure? The person I talked to from BOI was not able to tell me) and they have now been released by the airline, can my account now be credited again? I was told this could be 3-5 working days if they are holds. As I now have not enough money to pay my rent or bills, you can understand my desire to have this expedited or explained to me more coherantly. 

Thanks,

David

Hi davidod87,

Thanks for your post.

I’m very sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the way your query was dealt with. Here’s a link to our complaint’s procedure if you would like to have this looked into.

These transactions appear on your account based the way the retailer processed them. 

Transactions can take 3 – 5 working days to credit back in to your account or come off the account if it’s a shadow payment.

If they don’t credit back, you can fill in a visa debit transaction dispute form here.

Also you have the option to apply for an overdraft here.

Thanks

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davidod87

Hi,

I tried to have this query answered over the phone through banking 365 but unfortunately the person I talked to was extremely unhelpful and dismissive. 

I booked some flights with 3 different airlines on the 04/05th March and they initially all went through with no issue. However today (8th) I was debited the original amount again on all three purchases from my account.

I managed to get through to one of the airlines, they told me they had put on a hold in addition to the amount taken initally on booking, but they had released it again straight away (on the 4th). They said it should be back now.

If these double charges are indeed due to holds (Im not even sure? The person I talked to from BOI was not able to tell me) and they have now been released by the airline, can my account now be credited again? I was told this could be 3-5 working days if they are holds. As I now have not enough money to pay my rent or bills, you can understand my desire to have this expedited or explained to me more coherantly. 

Thanks,

David

Thanks for your response, I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

I understand you cant answer specifics on a public forum.

Would it be possible for someone to contact me directly to confirm if these transactions are shadow payments or have gone through completely on your system? 

It would be helpful to know so I can dispute the charges early due to the magnitude of the money taken.

Thanks again. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

Thanks,

David

Would it be possible for someone to contact me directly to confirm if these transactions are shadow payments or have gone through completely on your system? 

It would be helpful to know so I can dispute the charges early due to the magnitude of the money taken.

Thanks again. 

Hi davidod87,

Thank you for your post.

As we have no account access here, can we ask you to send your query via the Online service desk via ‘Ask a Question’ option and a representative with account access will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davidod87

Hi,

Thanks,

David

Thanks again. 

Hi davidod87,

Thank you for your post.

As we have no account access here, can we ask you to send your query via the Online service desk via ‘Ask a Question’ option and a representative with account access will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Sent my query via the Online service desk early yesterday morning. Still haven't heard back unfortunately. What is the usual response time for this?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

Thanks,

David

Thanks again. 

Hi davidod87,

Thank you for your post.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Sent my query via the Online service desk early yesterday morning. Still haven't heard back unfortunately. What is the usual response time for this?

Thank you.
    Hi davidod87,

We endeavour to answer queries sent via the online service desk within 2 working days. They are experiencing high volume of queries at the moment please be assured a representative will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Advertisement
Advertisement