Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet dog attacked in Castletown

• 08-03-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Just want to alert folks who walk their dogs in CTown. There is a man walking two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, off lead and unmuzzled, in the grounds. They attacked and seriously injured a beautiful, gentle Labrador a week or two ago.
    I walk my dog there every day and I have to say, this has unnerved me.
    Just wanted folks to know. Just for context, I know the dog and owner so this isn't second hand news.
    Be careful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I have no clue at all where you are talking about. Where is Castletown and what grounds were they? A hotel, estate, park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

If its the Castletown im thinking of its in Celbridge, Co. Kildare.

I highly advise you to call the local dog warden and report this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

I also presume this is Castletown House Celbridge. Did you report this to the OPW staff or Garda OP?. There are restricted breed notices up at most entrances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Google maps gives me 12 different Castletowns in the country. Two are schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Sorry guys, yes. Castletown House and gardens in Celbridge, co Kildare. The owner of the lab told me that she spoke to the Gardai and the House wardens also know of the attack. Nothing has been done thus far.
    Yes, there are notices about restricted breeds but this man had them off lead. I know the woman had a very distressing time trying to get the dogs off her pet and he stood and watched her so it's a particularly nasty one.
    When I see her I'll mention the dog warden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

She needs to call the dog warden, garda won't do anything about this.

Dog Warden, Portersize, Ballitore (059) 8623388

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thank you Andrea, I'll give this info to her. I know a lot of my dog walking pals are spooked by this attack and are on the alert for these dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Worth posting on the Facebook page for the area as well.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Advertisement