Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for 7 year old girl? ( pc, xbox in, ps4)

Options
  • 08-03-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Long story short, I moved in with misses and she has a little girl aged 7. So far gaming and lego is one thing we agree on. :)
    She already has interest in gaming and plays with 3ds and my old 360. Loves minecraft like any child these days.
    I want to get her more in to gaming and teach her how to okay more complex games.
    I got those 3 main platforms and looking for some suggestions. Does not need to be co op games, just has to be something that would be interesting and not too complicated.
    I got minecraft on pc that she loves. I will try to play some raymon origins on xbox one next. I think I got plants vs zombies from each access. Peggle might work too. Might get some lego games, I got lotr, but it's not linear so will need something more simple.

So open to suggestions guys.

*can mod change title as xbox one, not xbox in, can't do it on phone. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PS4, glitch on the store in the last few hours that allows you to buy minecraft for 3.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

theres some sort of match 3 puzzle game thats free on xb1 - Frozen free fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Just so you know, we need more men like you in the world :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

theres some sort of match 3 puzzle game thats free on xb1 - Frozen free fall.

Free on the PS4 too, singstar is also free on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Castle Crashers would be my recommendation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks so far gang.

I would snap that minecraft, but I am at work. I think I might get it aither way, she wants me to teach her survival, so playing together on a couch would be great.
    Castle crushers another one I completely forgot about, I got it on ps3, so that is definitely a go. Cheers!
    I completely forgot little big planet, I got it on ps3, so I will see her interest in that, if she likes it I'll get ps4 version.

Thanks so far gang.

I would snap that minecraft, but I am at work. I think I might get it aither way, she wants me to teach her survival, so playing together on a couch would be great.
    Castle crushers another one I completely forgot about, I got it on ps3, so that is definitely a go. Cheers!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/price-error-for-minecraft-ps4-edition-4-49-psn-2409496

Just buy it on the store on your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The lego games are great for kids (and adults!). I'd also recommend picking up a couple of guitars for some band hero or something. Loads of fun and also something you could probably get your gf into too if she's not a gamer. Depending on her abilities the Sims might be a runner, although anything past the first is a little complicated. Maybe theme hospital if it'll run on your system? I know they're old games but nothign wrong with teaching respect for the classics! I'd also recommend picking up a snes or something and playing some Mario but that's just me maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know if they're backwards compatible for the XB1, but the Viva Pinata games have a really good rep for being appealing to kids of all ages, but little girls a little more specifically. I think I played the Party Animals one which was a mini-games collection and was a lot of fun.

Dungeon Defenders crops up on Sale a lot on Steam, might be just a little bit advanced for this girl, but one for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Do you still have the ps3? Ive got lego harry potter (its a bit more linear than some of the others and the story might be a bit more familiar) and Marvel super hero squad in my adverts. Send me on your postal address by pm and ill send them onto you

A really good idea would be to probably pick up a Nintendo Wii aswell cheap cos you could have a huge selection of kids friendly games then for cheap :)

Do you still have the ps3? Ive got lego harry potter (its a bit more linear than some of the others and the story might be a bit more familiar) and Marvel super hero squad in my adverts. Send me on your postal address by pm and ill send them onto you

Cheers m8, I might take you on that offer. I'll send you few quid with PayPal too. I'll pm you after work.

I won't get wii , but I might pick up wii u down the line again. I kind of regret selling it now. :) would be perfect for this, but hey, you never know how life changes hehe.

That blobby game kind of looks fun. Ill check it out after work. I think she might like it.
    I will try portal on her too.
    To my complete shock she actually handling keyboard and mouse like a boss! Her first time and she nailing basics. I think my 22 year old hardcore console friend had more issues starting on keyboard and mouse then her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

De Blob 2 is a great platformer and totally accessible for kids. Simple colour mixing puzzles but then some time based challenges on harder difficulties that will keep you on your toes.

• Joe danger 1 & 2

Great games with good introductions and tutorials and you can play them with the kids. Had a great couple of hours with the wifes niece and nephew playing both

Okay so, I installed on my pc:

Trine
    Magicka
    Orcs must die

Johnny_adidas being a great lad, he is sending me on Harry potter lego games for ps3. He did not wanted any payment, but we agreed on few quid sent to a charity. Fair play!

I am kind of thinking of getting Goats simulator or Plants vs zombies first original game too. Its a shame I never got it when it was free on EA.

Okay so, I installed on my pc:

Trine
    Magicka
    Orcs must die

Johnny_adidas being a great lad, he is sending me on Harry potter lego games for ps3. He did not wanted any payment, but we agreed on few quid sent to a charity. Fair play!

I am kind of thinking of getting Goats simulator or Plants vs zombies first original game too. Its a shame I never got it when it was free on EA.

Actually, Plants Vs Zobies crops up free every few weeks on Origin. Also they do Theme hospital and a few others for free so see what games they have for free at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't know if they're backwards compatible for the XB1, but the Viva Pinata games have a really good rep for being appealing to kids of all ages, but little girls a little more specifically. I think I played the Party Animals one which was a mini-games collection and was a lot of fun.

Both VP and Trouble in Paradise are on the Rare Replay Collection, wish it would come out on PC :(

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Both VP and Trouble in Paradise are on the Rare Replay Collection, wish it would come out on PC :(

I was actually thinking of Rare Collection on xbox one. Its cheap enough in smyths. like 17eu?

I just looked at games in collection and they were not something even I am interested.

Those sega collection actually would come in handy.

I rememebred about Ratchet and Clank too! I think I got one game somewhere. Love those games, its a shame collection for ps3 is hard to come by.

Advertisement