Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Marathon Sun, Oct 9th 2016.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

How did everyone go? Thought the race and the organization of everything surrounding it was top notch.

I came home in 3:23 which I was happy with.I cramped up fairly badly around mile 23 so the last 5K was tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Bez Bing wrote: »
    How did everyone go? Thought the race and the organization of everything surrounding it was top notch.

I came home in 3:23 which I was happy with.I cramped up fairly badly around mile 23 so the last 5K was tough going.
    Really enjoyed the expo and the race went really well. Finished in 3.09 17 minute PB so no complaints from me. Can't really remember the last 5 miles apart from that hill at the end, probably wasn't a hill but sure felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Bez Bing wrote: »

Yup very well put together, the sheer number of volunteers at the finish was impressive! Glad you had a good run.
    noelearly wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the expo and the race went really well. Finished in 3.09 17 minute PB so no complaints from me. Can't really remember the last 5 miles apart from that hill at the end, probably wasn't a hill but sure felt like it.

Great stuff, a 17 min improvement is impressive! You weren't by any chance wearing a Trim AC vest? Spotted someone early on with one so I ran up to them to say hello.

opus wrote: »
    Yup very well put together, the sheer number of volunteers at the finish was impressive! Glad you had a good run.

Great stuff, a 17 min improvement is impressive! You weren't by any chance wearing a Trim AC vest? Spotted someone early on with one so I ran up to them to say hello.

No that wasn't me but I seen the lad you are talking about, I was right behind him at 12.5 and had full intentions of saying hello but had to use the toilet. I never seen him after that so he was ahead of me. My family said they spotted a couple of Irish jerseys before I past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Did ye get entry through the lottery or good for age time?

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »

Lottery for me last year

jfh wrote: »

I used a previous marathon time to get in, it's not really good for age though as it's a sub 3:15 for men & sub 3:45 for women regardless of their age.
    Men who have run a verifiable sub 3:15:00 marathon and women who have run a verifiable sub 3:45:00 marathon on or after January 1, 2015 can guarantee their spot in the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon as a time qualifier at any time during the application window.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takestan

Is the guaranteed entry based on who registers first or fastest qualifying times would it be ok to wait closer to end of November? I Have a 3:13 and was going to wait till after Dublin to see do I get better qualifying times ??

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Where did everyone stay this year? I have guaranteed entry and was hoping to book something before the lottery results come out

Takestan wrote: »
    Is the guaranteed entry based on who registers first or fastest qualifying times would it be ok to wait closer to end of November? I Have a 3:13 and was going to wait till after Dublin to see do I get better qualifying times ??

No idea, I had a look in my email & I entered at the start of March last year & got confirmation less than two weeks afterwards. Looks like it's much earlier this year as all the entries have to be in by the end of Nov. From reading their site it just says anyone who has a verifiable sub 3:15 is guaranteed entry so I wouldn't stress out over it :)

• Advertisement

opus wrote: »
    No idea, I had a look in my email & I entered at the start of March last year & got confirmation less than two weeks afterwards. Looks like it's much earlier this year as all the entries have to be in by the end of Nov. From reading their site it just says anyone who has a verifiable sub 3:15 is guaranteed entry so I wouldn't stress out over it :)
    Anyone that has sub 3:15 from Jan 1st 2015.
    It is the 40th year so will be more demand

paulers06 wrote: »
    Jeebus, just saw that. Cowboys!!

Hi Paulers06, i'm contemplating going in for the draw, except i'm wondering if i do get accepted & i havn't shrugged off this injury can i defer it until 2018, i see you were going to do this last year, did you have to pay for both 2016 & 2017?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Did anyone enter this for 2017? I didn't realise the entry window was so early this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

adrian522 wrote: »
    Did anyone enter this for 2017? I didn't realise the entry window was so early this year...

I did :eek:, think we hear tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

I did :eek:, think we hear tomorrow..

Did you get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Did you get in.

No, thank God! although now I'm trying to push away thoughts of DCM - sigh, what is it about marathons #unfinishedbusiness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

No, thank God! although now I'm trying to push away thoughts of DCM - sigh, what is it about marathons #unfinishedbusiness

Hopefully doing Dublin as well, unfinished business as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Anyone doing this in 2017? 3 of us heading over. Cant wait for it now

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Anyone doing this in 2017? 3 of us heading over. Cant wait for it now

You wont be sorry absolutely brilliant event and City.

Might go again next year

Advertisement