Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding New contact to existing zone dual eol

Options
  • 08-03-2016 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I'm adding a contact to my back door on the house. Long story short I've added it to existing zone which only has sensors. Wiring on zone as follows
    Red °= to panel
    Blue = to panel
    Yellow = wire connecting Sensor to sensor.
    Its wired dual eol

What way should the contact be wired?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wire the contact in series with the sensor while keeping the resistor parallel across the sensor & contact.
    If you post a picture of the sensor I can probably explain it in more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

KoolKid wrote: »
    Wire the contact in series with the sensor while keeping the resistor parallel across the sensor & contact.
    If you post a picture of the sensor I can probably explain it in more detail.

Here you go Koolkid. I have both resistors at first sensor on the zone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

bbability wrote: »
    Here you go Koolkid. I have both resistors at first sensor on the zone.

So you want to wire another contact out of the one in the picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

KoolKid wrote: »
    So you want to wire another contact out of the one in the picture?

I've drawn out the layout of the zone. Hopefully this makes it clearer. I believe I have not got the contact in series although the zone is closed. The contact will not activate the alarm

Ok
    See if this diagram makes sense to you

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/78653/379907.jpg

The blue joins straight through to where the 2 resistors meet at the last sensor.
    The red is wired in series through all contact and sensor heads.
    The single other leg of the resistor connects to the yellow and that wires in series through the tampers and into the other side of the zone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement