Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private messages

Options
  • 08-03-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been requesting help of one of the banking threads. They say they have been trying to private message me but say my account won't allow this. I've been trying to check settings to see how I can correct this but I've no idea. I have received private messages before so not sure what's going wrong here
    Fatherted1969

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Did you ever get yourself an adverts.ie ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi there.

Please go to your profile CP.
    Hover the mouse over your name to the top - from the drop down select Profile Settings > Control Panel
    On the left hand side now select Edit Options

Scroll down on the main window the section called Messaging and Notification
    There is another section here called Private Messaging

I think you may have the option "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators" enabled - uncheck it and select Save Changes just a little down.

Then ask then to resend you the PM.

Hopefully that will sort it for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement