Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook New Out of Office Replies are Flawed

Options
  • 08-03-2016 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been using out of office replies for years.

Was away last month for a few days and set it up as usual. I got an email from someone so they were hit with the auto reply. Now this person is a bit slow sometimes and they replied to the auto reply with simply "????????"... I'm thinking how stupid are they, it was an auto reply because I'm out of the office and just ignored.

Now I'm off again for a couple of days. Trying to set it up again and realised there is actually 2 auto replies. One for people inside your organisation and one for people outside your organisation. Previously I had not updated the wording on the email sent to those outside my organisation, so that had old dates on it which is where the confusion lay.

I'm guessing this has to do with a new server we got installed a few months ago with an updated version of MS exchange.

But it is stupid because, I don't need separate wordings, the one reply to everyone to let them know I am not here is enough for me. keep it simple. but yet I have to write two separate wordings..... and it won't allow you to copy and paste.

Rant over... unless anyone knows if there is a work around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

It will let you copy and paste
    Just to a CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V

it's actually pretty handy to have 2 separate replies as I find that I use the internal one inside my organisation to include my colleagues details who can be contacted in my absence and including my mobile number
    I don't want that info going to external people I deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It will let you copy and paste
    Just to a CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V

it's actually pretty handy to have 2 separate replies as I find that I use the internal one inside my organisation to include my colleagues details who can be contacted in my absence and including my mobile number
    I don't want that info going to external people I deal with.

Fair enough, but there should be an option to just send the one to everyone if that is your desire

Advertisement