Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a clinic

Options
  • 08-03-2016 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and am looking of a good clinic offering packs like the one below. This is copy of The Carewell Medical Centre Mullingar, unfortunately they are full. Can anybody recoment a good doctor or clinic that would have below on offer. Preferably in the midlands. I'm from Tullamore.

Maternity Clinic : We specialize in maternity care and we ensure you will enjoy your pregnancy and stay fit and healthy through this time .
    From very early pregnancy ( 4- 6) weeks we provide ultrasound scanning to ensure the pregnancy is developing well and ensuring the proper location of the pregnancy.
    During your maternity visits you will be offered a Growth Scan for your baby to ensure she or he is growing healthy.
    The gender of the baby can be known from as early as 18 weeks and this can be revealed to you if you wish.

They are also performing all the test that are usually done during first hospital visit: blood and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Surely going private in any maternity hospital will offer the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Surely going private in any maternity hospital will offer the same?

I'd think so. I'm going fully private in the Coombe and have had a proper scan at each visit as well as my detailed anomoly scan at 21 weeks. I opted for the Harmony test in the Beacon early enough in the pregnancy and so found out we were having a boy then. Could have been told that at the end of January anyway when I was 19 weeks and had my scan and visit with my consultant.

Baby's development and growth has been monitored and measured at each visit too.

I can't think of anything that I haven't gotten that I would like to have added on. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I'm getting all that and I'm public in Waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I got a package like this from a gynae/ob based in kildare. It was only 500. Went to her between hospital visits instead of gp. She seen me for 6 week check too

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah, we're semi-private in the Rotunda and we get all that.
    Plenty of friends and family public in the Rotunda and get all that.

What's the clinic thing OP? Is this the service your GP provides, as part of the joint medical care package with a hospital (the HSE scheme)? I go to the Rotunda for every second visit, rotating with the GP. The Rotunda does all my scans, bloods etc, but I can opt to get them done at the GP if needed as they have a similar clinic. Otherwise I just pop into my GP every other visit who takes my blood pressure, checks urine and checks baby position and heartbeat at every visit.

If you have a GP it should be enough to just go to them around now for a check up, then to your maternity hospital for 12 weeks visit, and so on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement