Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favorite restaurant and what's the best thing to order in it?

Options
  • 08-03-2016 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

My favorite place for a bite to eat is any of the Yamamori restaurants in Dublin (particularly the Sushi one on Lower Ormond Quay). Never had a bad meal there, the food is always delicious and reasonably priced, staff are friendly and attentive without being overwelming. Been going there for years.
    That said, I'm always open to other suggestions on where to go for lunch.
    So, good people of AH, what're YOUR favorite place to dine at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Supermacs.

Large Mightymac Meal with a tub of Burger Sauce for dipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Local chipper or any chipper, double egg and chips washed down with can of coke, yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

These days probably Aroi in Limerick.

Tom Kha Gai for lunch for 10e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Campagne in Kilkenny.

Order the pheasant if it's on the menu. But it doesn't matter what you order. All of it is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm the most boring person ever when I eat out.
    Even if I'm running late or in the bathroom when it's time to order, my oh or friends can order for me without me ever seeing the menu.

Soup to start.
    Chicken as the main.

And a bottle of Chardonnay. I don't share my wine.

Now that I'm trying to stop eating chicken sometimes I'll get the pasta dish or sometimes I'll get the mushrooms from the starter as the full meal.

If it's Chinese then it's always curry with boiled rice.
    If it's Indian it's onion bajiis and mint dip, with korma, no naan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Aussie BBQ:
    Beast Box with Boomerang Fries

Bear Restaurant
    Flank of Beef with salt and vinegar fries and million dollar fries

Kim Chi on Parnell St
    Hop House Sushi set
    €35 between two

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's so good that I'm actually not telling because I dont want yous gowls taking over the place and me not getting a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dieter Sanchez
    BBQ pulled pork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's so good that I'm actually not telling because I dont want yous gowls taking over the place and me not getting a table.

Only room for one gowl there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

We repeatedly go back to Darwins on Aungier Street, both with work and socially. They do a fantastic steak, calamari rings for starter. Their service and staff are top notch.

Beeftro on Balfe street is my new favourite place for a burger. (Holds top spot with Bunsen!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

There's a place in Carlow called The Road House, their club sandwiches are amazing!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

McChubbin wrote:
    My favorite place for a bite to eat is any of the Yamamori restaurants in Dublin (particularly the Sushi one on Lower Ormond Quay). Never had a bad meal there, the food is always delicious and reasonably priced, staff are friendly and attentive without being overwelming. Been going there for years. That said, I'm always open to other suggestions on where to go for lunch. So, good people of AH, what're YOUR favorite place to dine at?

Yum! What's your favourite dish/dishes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Only room for one gowl there.

Especially if yous gowls are mouldy!

Dame street apache after a bag of cans.
    So good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The Dog House in Howth, great pizza and I can bring my woof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

This

Here.

With sweet potato fries and fried onion strings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Imagine answering this by naming a fast food joint as your favourite place. Tsk Tsk.

UH! so uncultured, the humanity! Could you imagine if you genuinely thought a burger chip was cuisine. Oh divine sweet merciful hour. I shudder to think of a life like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Imagine answering this by naming a fast food joint as your favourite place. Tsk Tsk.

UH! so uncultured, the humanity! Could you imagine if you genuinely thought a burger chip was cuisine. Oh divine sweet merciful hour. I shudder to think of a life like that.

I have a burger joint as mine sonny Jim. What you gonna do about it?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I have a burger joint as mine sonny Jim. What you gonna do about it?:pac:

I'm gonna throw another hissy fit in disgust and then act all high and mighty while not naming any place better :p

Mint Aero wrote: »

Fight me at mass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Yum! What's your favourite dish/dishes ?
    Honestly, it's very hard to pick a favorite because it's all so delicious but if I was really pushed to choose, I'd say the smoked salmon and cream cheese norimaki or the Karubi beef hot pot- it's stirfried, chicken-stock infused rice with mushrooms, bock choi, onions, broccoli and Asian greens with bits of sirloin steak done to my liking (I always go medium rare) topped with a runny fried egg and chopped spring onions.

Feck, now I'm craving it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I just get the same food everywhere, not because I don't like to taste different food but just because I love it.

Starter is vegetable soup and main is turkey and ham. I love a chicken korma from an Indian or a chicken in back pepper sauce from the Chinese.

I'm starving and it hurts to think of all of my favourite foods!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't have a favourite restaurant as such but really love Thai and Vietnamese food in general.

Last Thai meal I had out was tom kha gai soup for starter, followed by pork pad khing with coconut rice for the main. Last Vietnamese was veggie summer rolls for starter and Hanoi-style garlicky steak pho for main.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Kinara in Clontarf.

food of the gods !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

In Cork I love the cheeseboards in Arthur Maynes. Yum yum. So much cheese. I love Orso also which is right beside Arthur Maynes. Menu always changes but my fave at the moment is this veggie bake thing. It has beetroot, squash, potato and goats cheese. Also have had lovely Monkfish there.

My taste is probably different to most people as I don't eat meat but sometimes eat fish. Always can count on cheese though! Recently got an unreal cheeseboard in the Meatball place in Cork also. Mmm cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Don't have a single favourite, but Kimchi on Parnell St D1 is up there. It's a Korean / Japanese place, attached to a pub, not fine dining but more like classy pub grub. The Tempura prawns are great, and so is the Bulgogi Bibimbap, but the latter comes with an implied challenge: if you can't say the name, you can't have it. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

One Pico, Coppinger Row and Green 19 are my favouritesn Dublin that I'd go to repeatedly (although not "frequently"). The best food I've had in Ireland though was at the Strawberry Tree at Brooklodge in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I would have to say Eco in Douglas in Cork.
    My favourites would be the Cajun mushrooms for starters, aubergine and tomato gratin for main, and banoffie pie for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I like Salamanca and whitefriar grill. I know it's a bit pricey but i love tgi Fridays as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

The Cellar Restaurant in the Merrion Hotel. Anything on the menu.

One of many standouts was a sort of hot chocolate biscuits (Madellines?) as an after that was simply to die for.

Advertisement