Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bird sitters

• 08-03-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Im going on holiday in June for two weeks and have a cockatiel I need looked after for those two weeks. I got him about 2 months ago and so need someone that knows what they are doing.
    Im just wondering are there people that do this sort of thing in the waterford area? I dont want to leave him with family members as people who have birds know how understanding you have to be with them and very careful. I just dont trust my family to care for his needs properly as they have never had birds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Did you buy him.from a breeder or Petshop? I have a Parrotlet so know exactly what you mean needing someone who understands birds.

If you got him from a breeder you could ask them if they would mind him? Or a local Aviary might help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yunnie

I got him from a petstore. I asked them if they knew anyone but they didnt. I have scoured the net for pet sitters but none in my area for birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Your vets may know of someone - and if not your own vet, it may be worth phoning a few local ones.

I hope you find someone

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Have you tried the directories for sitters ? There are a few out there I use for advertising my service

Paw shake.ie
    Pet-me.com

Are two, gumtree / donedeal / adverts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yunnie

Yeh I didnt think of my vet. I tried gumtree and done deal, I wouldnt really want to go with an unknown breeder. I will check those two websites murph, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement