Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter beers/drinks :)

Options
  • 09-03-2016 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hello all!

Haven't posted in a while or been to any beers, as life got in the way, (the bastard), but I wouldn't mind catching up with the "old" crowd and meeting any "new" boardsies as well - what do ye say?

I'll make it really simple for yis ;) Thursday the 24th of March is the date as that is coincidentally my birthday, so - why not? :D

What I need from you, whoever is thinking of popping by, is some input on the venue, as I don't fancy the sole responsibility for that. I'll get the ball rolling with a few suggestions, and biko can maybe kindly put a poll up :)

Massimo's (we used to have some good beers there), the Oslo (same as above), Dew Drop Inn maybe..? Bierhaus? I like Salthouse but it's kinda small, (not that I'd be expecting half of boards.ie to show up, but still). Any nice one I'm forgetting ?

You up for it? 5 votes

I am aye
    0%
    I might be, not sure yet
    40%
    bikogeekychick 2 votes
    Washing my hair that night
    60%
    [Deleted User]LumiWhereisgalway 3 votes
    Sorry, can't make it this time
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hey geekychick! :) You might get more peeps to go along if ya moved it out to Fri or Sat?!? Lovely idea though! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Washing my hair that night
    Murty rabbits is a favourite watering hole of mine but I'm easy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Move it to Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

I might be, not sure yet
    That Friday is Good Friday, folks , so no go unless we specifically want to stay thirsty :D and more generally speaking I would think most would be spending that weekend with their families etc? That's also why I picked the Thursday as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I might be, not sure yet
    Thursday is good for me. Start at Dew drop and then down to Mass?

• Advertisement

Easy knowing I'm not too well up on the holy front! :p. Good Friday Drinks ftw :p. Easter seems to be getting closer and closer to Christmas every year! It should be kept and left in April altogether.

*looks around for the Boards Church*

I might be, not sure yet
    biko wrote: »
    Thursday is good for me. Start at Dew drop and then down to Mass?

Ha biko, with all this talk of Easter and Good Friday, I thought you were aiming to go to the Holy Thursday Mass!! :D I was just thinking to myself well who knew biko was so religious ...

... Until I realised Mass more probably stands for Massimo's. Which is just grand for me, love both those places so AFAIC we have our venues now as well :)

I might be, not sure yet
    Bump :)

Hoping everyone had a great Paddy's, we've been so lucky with the weather as well!

Well folks, on Thursday I will be having a tipple or two in the first bar at Dew Drop as you come in from the Cross st side , I will come in just after 9 pm. Just in case anyone shows up at all :D otherwise ... Til next time !

I might be, not sure yet
    Sound, I'll see you there. Hopefully we'll have great weather!

• Advertisement

I might be, not sure yet
    Great night! Too bad they kicked us out at midnight
    Anyway, big happy birthday abd see you agin!

I might be, not sure yet
    biko wrote: »
    Great night! Too bad they kicked us out at midnight
    Anyway, big happy birthday abd see you agin!

Thank you biko, it was class alright, and good on the guys who showed up to help me celebrate turning ... uh, never mind; a bit more mature. :D

On to the next beersies! :)

Advertisement