Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 World T20

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

They did, great job! Did the associates proud, I am delighted for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Afghanistan cementing their status as top Associate T20 nation. Very well done to them

How great was it to see Chris Gayle out celebrating with them after the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 machomac

Aussies looking very good here. India just got a well needed wicket khawaja out but a serious start from the Australians 54-1 4.5 overs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Just wathching now. Jadeja is a chucker. He threw 2 overs for 5. Very obvious chucker too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 machomac

Yeah Aussies been kept very quiet all of a sudden. Another two lads out and huge drop in the run rate. Gonna be a tight game I reckon.

Maxwell is an out and out slogger. Should be a baseball player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

One of the finest innings of all time by Kohli. I thought Dhoni was very blase towards Kohli. I have had a theory for a while that they don't get on with each other. Dhoni didn't seem too chuffed for his team-mate.

Some beautiful shots near the end from Kohli, really picking apart the fielders to get the boundaries

Kohli is pure class. India deserved it, good recovery from a fast australian start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

One of the finest innings of all time by Kohli. I thought Dhoni was very blase towards Kohli. I have had a theory for a while that they don't get on with each other. Dhoni didn't seem too chuffed for his team-mate.

Hard to know, but I think they are close enough. I recall the semi final in 2014 where one run needed in the last ball of the 19th over with Kohli and Dhoni cruising, Steyn bowled a nothing ball and Dhoni blocked it so Kohli could hit the running runs in the next over:D

Supposedly Gambhir has fallen out with Dhoni over the years,(Gambhir would annoy anyone) but never heard that much talk about dislike between the pair of them.

It was a masterful innings from Kohli, bad start, rotten innings from Yuvraj and some good bowling and he cruised it.

Also very pleased for Afghanistan..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Hard to know, but I think they are close enough. I recall the semi final in 2014 where one run needed in the last ball of the 19th over with Kohli and Dhoni cruising, Steyn bowled a nothing ball and Dhoni blocked it so Kohli could hit the running runs in the next over:D

What Rjd2 said. They get along well and there isn't any friction between them. Like Rjd2 said, that South Africa game is a very good example. Dhoni just blocked it so that Kohli could get winning shot, yesterday was different. After what happened vs Bangladesh, Dhoni just didn't want to risk it. He wanted to finish ASAP.

Also Dhoni was full of praise for Kohli, it's been the same for last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

On the game, we are very lucky to make the semi finals. Just 1 run away from elimination and somehow we for rub of green. Sometimes Dhoni can be very stubborn, everyone knows all our batsmen are underperforming except Kohli but somehow he never drops Rohit Sharma or Dhawan, especially Dhawan whose record is very poor for so long.

Rahane deserves the chance but I don't think Dhoni will change the line up for Semi finals.

Such a shame to see SAfricans going back so early. Always root for them as my second team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭markbrop

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    On the game, we are very lucky to make the semi finals. Just 1 run away from elimination and somehow we for rub of green. Sometimes Dhoni can be very stubborn, everyone knows all our batsmen are underperforming except Kohli but somehow he never drops Rohit Sharma or Dhawan, especially Dhawan whose record is very poor for so long.

Rahane deserves the chance but I don't think Dhoni will change the line up for Semi finals.

Such a shame to see SAfricans going back so early. Always root for them as my second team.

He may have to change the line-up as Yuvraj is an injury doubt. I hear Pandey has been called up as cover.

Great news for the West Indies - Lendl Simmons has been called up as a replacement for Fletcher. He may well open with Gayle - Johnson Charles will probably drop to three.

I take it back about Dhoni and Kohli. Kohli posted a picture of himself and Dhoni's young daughter on FB. They must be reasonably close.

I think England have done really well to limit NZ to 153. It looked like it would be a bit of slugfest after the first few overs. Excellent bowling display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Yeah, just 32 off the last 5 overs. New Zealand were flying early on, they ran out of steam.

England are cruising 49-0 off 4 overs

England are cruising 49-0 off 4 overs

Massive mistake not starting with spin against England.

• Advertisement

England are on fire here 77 for 0 off 7.3 overs.

Only 53 from 57 needed with 9 in hand, great stuff from Roy

Only 53 from 57 needed with 9 in hand, great stuff from Roy

What would England do without their South African born players?

Another first ball duck for Morgan - England still look home and hosed though.

markbrop wrote: »
    What would England do without their South African born players?

And Irish and Zimbabwean etc

And Irish and Zimbabwean etc

Not to mention the West Indian Jordan and the Kiwi Stokes!

Those were some big sixes at the end! Made the ground look tiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

And that's England into the final. Never under any pressure after Roy started hitting from the start.

Those were some big sixes at the end! Made the ground look tiny

Very easy win for England. NZ didn't turn up as was the case in last year's World Cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Big win for England there in this format. Good luck to them, seem to have improved as tournament has progressed.

Advertisement