Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 World T20

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 61 ✭✭Squire Ladd

BarryD wrote: »
    Big win for England there in this format. Good luck to them, seem to have improved as tournament has progressed.
    Morgan really has been hopeless with the bat. Can't see him being in the team much longer. How long does he need to be decontaminated before he can play for Eire again? When is Rakin due back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

markbrop wrote: »
    Very easy win for England. NZ didn't turn up as was the case in last year's World Cup final.

I think the NZ were the only team I didnt see a single game from up until now, there is just something about them that is so bland and makes them hard to invest in as a spectator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Morgan really has been hopeless with the bat. Can't see him being in the team much longer. How long does he need to be decontaminated before he can play for Eire again? When is Rakin due back?

They are a far better team with Morgan as Captain. He won't be going anywhere soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Be good if Eoin Morgan did come back alright :) But sure, didn't Boyd Rankin play for us in this tournament :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What would England do without their South African born players?

England's African players out played New Zealand's Indians.

• Advertisement

England's African players out played New Zealand's IndiansAfricans.

I just had a look, turns out Grant Elliot and Colin Munro were both also born in South Africa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭markbrop

I just had a look, turns out Grant Elliot and Colin Munro were both also born in South Africa :D

Yes BJ Watling was also born in SA.

There are loads of SA exiles playing for other teams:

Lumb, Kieswetter, Roy, Pietersen, Strauss and Prior have all played for England in recent years.
    Van Der Merwe, Myburgh and Barresi have played for Holland
    Berrington and Mommsen have played for Scotland
    Botha, Sorenson, Fourie and Anderson for Ireland

Skid X wrote: »
    They are a far better team with Morgan as Captain. He won't be going anywhere soon.

This isnt golf though and unless Morgan starts performing he wont be in the team much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

West Indies have missed 3 open goals to get Kohli out early. Could be very costly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

West Indies have missed 3 open goals to get Kohli out early. Could be very costly

It sure looks it now. West Indies fielding has been really poor this match.

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »

Yeah shocking fielding, Kohli's running forced so many errors. So so costly not to get him out early. Should have gone for 1 instead was 89 not out

Augme wrote: »

Brilliant innings from Kohli. Its normally only a par score at Mumbai though. It really depends which West Indies shows up.

Gayle gone, pity, would have liked to see him take this chase on

Gayle gone, pity, would have liked to see him take this chase on

Disaster for the West Indies.

Samuels now gone aswell - Windies in big trouble!

These two have done well to get WI back into a good position

That was a definite waist high no ball too

These two have done well to get WI back into a good position

That was a definite waist high no ball too

In the game alright :) Waist high no balls not given - well they are playing a home crowd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

Wow. This has been some game. Two no ball wickets from India, tear your hair out stuff.

Lendl Simmons has more lives than a cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

West Indies must be favourites now.

• Advertisement

BarryD wrote: »
    In the game alright :) Waist high no balls not given - well they are playing a home crowd!

One thing I do love in India games is how silent the crowd get when the opposition score a 6, it sounds so strange after all the noise to have this deathly silence

One thing I do love in India games is how silent the crowd get when the opposition score a 6, it sounds so strange after all the noise to have this deathly silence

Get in there DRE_RUS

Great win! Team win too

It was like a library when that last 6 went over, the silence was brilliant! Great stuff from Simmons, Russell and Charles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I left work and the Windies were 30-2 after 5 overs and I thought that was that. I get home and turn on and they need 18 off 9 balls.

Great turnaround!

Looking forward to the final and two powerful batting line ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lendl Simmons made some impact, straight off the plane, got a bit of luck, won the game.

I have enjoyed this tournament (apart from Ireland's games), looking forward to the final now.

Great win :)

This isnt golf though and unless Morgan starts performing he wont be in the team much longer.

As long as England are winning he will get away with it. The leadership of this English side is very important. They won't drop him easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Unbelievable game of cricket. T20 at its best.

India were being carried by Kohli and were very lucky to be even in the Semi's. The Windies are more of a team along with a nuclear weapon on the top of the order.

I am delighted for the Windies. The Caribbean game really needs a boost right now.

• Advertisement

Am I right in thinking the next T20 isn't until 2020?

I think this should become an annual event.

Advertisement