Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 10/03/16 20.05 BT

Comments

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I wonder why..

Well behaved thread tbf

Why do you wonder roboklopp

Please do tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

nullzero wrote: »
    He's no Brendan Rodgers.

Jurgen Klopp is Liverpool manager now. And it's brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Please do tell

obviously thay have a young intelligent manager and ye are carrying an old dope who hasn't a ffing notion how to win a match in england

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

f60752b4481e83013217fa3d82f616bd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fellaini is beyond a joke, he is the worst and also the dirtiest footballer I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jurgen Klopp is Liverpool manager now. And it's brilliant.

And then it's terrible. And then it brilliant. And then it's terrible and so on.

Glazers Out!

And then it's terrible. And then it brilliant. And then it's terrible and so on.

It's brilliant tonight anyway

°°°°°

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's brilliant tonight anyway

I don't doubt it. Congratulations on your victory.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

This tie is not over. Both are so schizophrenic it could easily be opposite result next week.

I don't doubt it. Congratulations on your victory.

We'll enjoy it until inevitable defeat next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Fellaini is beyond a joke, he is the worst and also the dirtiest footballer I have ever seen.

He fouls so easily .
    Somebody needs to coach him. In a 50/50 situation, doubt give give away an easy free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

As stated, lots of people hyping on the cards because of the Ref and the rivalry.

Can't see it myself, last few games hasn't had many cards. And most of the players that got them don't play now.

Taking Under 4.5/ No card before 27:00

Lulz. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This tie is not over. Both are so schizophrenic it could easily be opposite result next week.

Like Utds season, it is over.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Please do tell

its due to the psychology of Irish Liverpool fans versus Irish Man united fans. large sections of the irish man utd fans are just basically glory hunters looking for every little victory so they cause more trouble. So when utd win, they end up getting carded loads because they love rubbing things in peoples places in order to score points in their heads. When Liverpool win, the fans are more lax and analytical about it.
    there are exceptions of course and you can see that in the thread here. the cartman licking tears gif for example. but thats the reason :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's like Fellaini's hair has some sort of light-bending quality.

He's made a hobby of elbowing our players in the face and always gets away with it.

He's like a ****ing fridge. How does he never get spotted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Too busy watching the match to post during the game! And we bossed yous all over the pitch, should have been 4-0.

I don't support United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Liverpool, no complaints, far better side won..

The tie is not over over, but it's over :(

°°°°°

BMMachine wrote: »
    its due to the psychology of Irish Liverpool fans versus Irish Man united fans. large sections of the irish man utd fans are just basically glory hunters looking for every little victory so they cause more trouble. So when utd win, they end up getting carded loads because they love rubbing things in peoples places in order to score points in their heads. When Liverpool win, the fans are more lax and analytical about it.
    there are exceptions of course and you can see that in the thread here. the cartman licking tears gif for example. but thats the reason :)

Nonsense.
    I remember the days of Liverpools dominance and Liverpool fans always rubbed United fans noses in it. Obnoxious people support both clubs. Your analysis is laughable and parochial in the extreme.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Vorsprung durch massage mit dem Englisher ;)

ts-2016010404205086.jpg

• Advertisement

Nonsense.
    I remember the days of Liverpools dominance and Liverpool fans always rubbed United fans noses in it. Obnoxious people support both clubs. Your analysis is laughable and parochial in the extreme.

on the internet yeah? back in the 80s when there was these worldwide communications platforms on your computer? times have changed a lot, so has communications and so have fans. You dont like the reason, but it doesnt stop it being absolutely correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nonsense.

Not really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

"Haha better luck next year lads haha"

"You lost Cyril"

"Huh?"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Weird thread very calm. Maybe its because there is another leg to come.The biggest shock was seeing a combined team with 4 lIverpool players making the cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hey gavredking

World record

Only 1 card in 67 page utd v Liverpool thread

You need to change your posts per page settings, I'm only on page 21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Weird thread very calm. Maybe its because there is another leg to come.The biggest shock was seeing a combined team with 4 lIverpool players making the cut.

I think a lot of the provocative posts are being deleted. The mods have had a Barcaesque performance here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Did you not read this forum during Moyes' tenure?

Or any of the United match threads this season when they have lost?

Rival fans gloat when their most hated rivals lose, its the same in every sport, from club level GAA right up to the highest levels of professional sport.

So please dont try and play off LFC fans as some kind of holier than thou entity.

There are as many goaders supporting LFC as there are United.

Its not an exclusive trait to any set of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

°°°°°

on the internet yeah? back in the 80s when there was these worldwide communications platforms on your computer? times have changed a lot, so has communications and so have fans. You dont like the reason, but it doesnt stop it being absolutely correct

I don't like the reason? What does that mean exactly? Your opinion is not absolutely correct either, in fact it is incredibly poorly though out.
    You like to think that people who support the same football team as you cannot possibly be wrong at any time when compared to fans of a football team you dislike...

Glazers Out!

Was very impressed with Clyne, going to be a super player.

My missus came home and saw the tail end of the game and she remarked how Klopp was interacting with the team at full time. Even her as a non football fan could see the unity between the players and managers, something that has been lacking from United for some time.

• Advertisement

Klopp seems like a fantastic Man Manger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Was very impressed with Clyne, going to be a super player.

My missus came home and saw the tail end of the game and she remarked how Klopp was interacting with the team at full time. Even her as a non football fan could see the unity between the players and managers, something that has been lacking from United for some time.

Love Clyne, barely ever puts a foot wrong. Sorted with him and Cafu at right back.

Liverpool fans of the '80s set the bar and when Utd started winning titles they got it back with interest so don't even think about complaining now. :)

If both teams are crap, as they are now, then it's nothing games like this which count most but there's no moral hierarchy between the fans.

In Ireland LFC and MU fans are friends and work colleages that can enjoy the rivalry in proximity without things getting out of hand.. too often. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

One word: Turtyturd.

Rival fans gloat when their most hated rivals lose, its the same in every sport, from club level GAA right up to the highest levels of professional sport.

So please dont try and play off LFC fans as some kind of holier than thou entity.

not saying Liverpool fans are holier than thou, there is plenty of evidence on this thread alone to prove otherwise. Just that Irish Man Utd supporters, especially of the 20 - 35ish age group have a lot of glory hunters and thats what creates the problem. You dont like it, but its true. You could see it in school, you could see it in work, all over the place here. Im sorry that the club is associated with glory hunting, but thats the way it is and thats what creates toxic posters. I don't actually think Im allowed to bring up evidence on this thread, but there are reams of it and you know it.

and if you need clarification - what is a glory hunter? someone that wants to be associated with a winning ideal, an easy option. they want to actively be better than other people by associating themselves with what they consider 'the best'. In football, that was man utd for years and years. the same psychology leads them to troll football forums because they like the one upsmanship and the easy wins. You can deny it and dance around it all you want, doesnt stop it being absolutely correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Exactly. Trying to distill down a whole groups character traits by the team they chose is just naive. People are far more complex than that, and if you take any group of fans of any club, you'll find wildly different characteristics amongst them.

The only thing all Liverpool, or Utd, or Arsenal, or Stoke or anywhere else's fans all have in common with each other is that they picked that club to follow.

The only reason that certain traits seem to sometimes become synonymous with certain clubs fans, is that the fortunes of that club allow those traits to be expressed. Swap the club's circumstances, and I bet those synonymous traits swap as well.

not saying Liverpool fans are holier than thou, there is plenty of evidence on this thread alone to prove otherwise. Just that Irish Man Utd supporters, especially of the 20 - 35ish age group have a lot of glory hunters and thats what creates the problem. You dont like it, but its true. You could see it in school, you could see it in work, all over the place here. Im sorry that the club is associated with glory hunting, but thats the way it is and thats what creates toxic posters. I don't actually think Im allowed to bring up evidence on this thread, but there are reams of it and you know it.

and if you need clarification - what is a glory hunter? someone that wants to be associated with a winning ideal, an easy option. they want to actively be better than other people by associating themselves with what they consider 'the best'. In football, that was man utd for years and years. the same psychology leads them to troll football forums because they like the one upsmanship and the easy wins. You can deny it and dance around it all you want, doesnt stop it being absolutely correct

Final point and I will leave it at that but Im well aware there are alot of United fans that would be "glory hunters". The same could be said for Chelsea, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Man City. Non fans will naturally be drawn to successful teams. Just look at the amount of rugby fans nowadays compared to 15 years ago for example.

Im also well aware of the fact there are lots of insufferable United fans, Ive been in the company of some watching a game in a pub and Ive felt genuinely embarrassed to be associated with them.

The point I was making is that you seem be implying that its United fans on Boards behave worse than Liverpool fans when it comes to winning or losing, Im saying that you are incorrect in your summation and its your own bias that has led you to this conclusion, imo.

Anyway, I will leave it there, its just one guys opinion and it doesnt mean damn all in the grand scheme of things.

:)

I disagree. I think there is a direct correlation with group and individual psychology as to why an Irish person picks which team they support in the Premier League. A lot of it happens when people are younger too. You are right, you can't distill whole groups. But you certainly can see patterns in behaviour with certain individuals and what they like/dislike and how the act around that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

adox wrote: »
    Like Utds season, it is over.

We've still got the FA Cup too play for,get knocked out off that,then yeah it's over.

• Advertisement

Bret Hart wrote: »
    We've still got the FA Cup too play for,get knocked out off that,then yeah it's over.

West Ham will murder us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool and Man Utd supporters are like Fianna Fail and Fine Gael. They hate each other, but they are basically the same.

°°°°°

By your logic any Liverpool fan aged between 35-50 is just as much a glory hunter as a United fan aged between 20-35.
    People always want their side to be successful and to be associated with success, but your point is poorly constructed and it is reductive in the extreme.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hey gavredking

World record

Only 1 card in 67 page utd v Liverpool thread

ya......wait until the 2nd leg, thats when the fun starts. :o

latest?cb=20090624120658

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Reds....

5starpool wrote: »
    Liverpool and Man Utd supporters are like Fianna Fail and Fine Gael. They hate each other, but they are basically the same.

....there's another party which almost exclusively supports LFC and a Scottish team.

:P

• Advertisement

West Ham will murder us.

We're at home,so who knows we might pull off a upset,you know how it goes magic of the cup,giant killing etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope uefa come down hard on the united fans tonight. Thought it was disgusting their behaviour

ricero wrote: »
    Hope uefa come down hard on the united fans tonight. Thought it was disgusting their behaviour

Songs about heysel and hillsborough ?

No different then any other time they play no?

Same for when Liverpool go there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just tonight or for all disgusting behaviour from all fans singing disgusting songs?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement