Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 10/03/16 20.05 BT

Comments

Rashford booked for 1st foul and Moreno not is just so unjust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Elbow him, Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Out of curiosity how can there be no stoppage time, with free kicks, penalty, celebration etc.

Only one nil.

Poor return tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Haha, Moreno has had 3 of those

Ref very lenient so far against him.

Penalty was a penalty. ..just about though.

Atmosphere seems woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My red card bet is looking very good to come in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This keeper loves handing out cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

United are turgid, whoever goes through won't be winning the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tie should be over now. Games like this worry me.

Can't see anyway United hold onto DeGea this summer.

Djimi Sahko worries me.
    Poor quality half but it was never going to be good.
    Lot of missed chances but finishing isn't our forte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how can there be no stoppage time, with free kicks, penalty, celebration etc.

I think it's at the ref's discretion whether he adds it on at the end of the first half or waits till the end to add it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Battering the fook out of United, but we really need a second here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't understand how you can book Rashford for such a nothing tackle? 2 of them are sending off worthy? Give me a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Only one nil.

Poor return tbh

Couthino should have scored for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sturridge hasn't done a whole lot, but he scored the goal. Coutinho has done everything but score

Strumms wrote: »
    Ahh are you hard of thinking ? Where did i do that ? I made a comment about the referee and his performance and the tactical fouling that isnt being correctly punished as per the laws of that game :) never said we were not poor.. never said the ref wqs why we were loosing.. try again :)

No need to be insulting.

Not every foul is a yellow card you know. Free kicks are the reward for mild free kicks.

Either way Utd have been awful going forward so I don't see what you are seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Liverpool 1-0 DDG FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rashford booked for 1st foul and Moreno not is just so unjust

Every time I find myself feeling sorry for refs I remember that they constantly make it hard to make excuses for them. Their inconsistency is their biggest problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think it's at the ref's discretion whether he adds it on at the end of the first half or waits till the end to add it on.
    Nope, he cannot hang on to it until the end of the game. It's now or never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Said it a few weeks ago, Liverpool will be a force in world football again before Utd.

Embarrassing from Utd tonight as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You don't add time for free kicks, or penos. Celebrations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Good half, should be 2 or 3 up though. We may regret those missed chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Liv 1-0 DDG. HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Disappointed it's only one nil at half time. This is the sort of game we should be winning three nil, but i fear a one all draw or something.

Similar to the league game at Anfield, but this is more emphatic. De Gea once again has been outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Madrid aren't even at De Gea's level, he should be going to Barca if he has any sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Couthino should have scored for sure.

Yep, other two are solid saves I'd expect DDG to make.

Liverpool by far the better team so far. Van Gaal can't have long left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

They werent messing when they said the ref loves a card.! Good first half ideally wed be a couple to the good but de gea once again being the difference for united. Dont think we will perform that well second half and united will get chances. Only good thing their ace in the hole against us fellaini has started and wont be coming off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J. Marston wrote: »
    Should be pissed off that we're losing to Liverpool. Not though, just bored.

Watched the Civil War trailer a few times. Spidey looks great in it.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers for that. Thanks. Really hope Liverpool win now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Disappointed to be only one up. But Jesus De Gea just stops everything.

I wonder do players look at him like this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

No need to be insulting.

Not every foul is a yellow card you know. Free kicks are the reward for mild free kicks.

Either way Utd have been awful going forward so I don't see what you are seeing.

No but by my estimation there should be 4 more Liverpool players in the book... clear yellows.. also , where did i say every foul is a yellow ?

I am also seeing that United are poor going forward but when they have had oportunity to counter there have been fouls comitted in tje middle of the park that stopped the break away where the tackler had no intention to play the ball for a start... thats a booking.. stick to the facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

ERG89 wrote: »
    Djimi Sahko worries me.
    Poor quality half but it was never going to be good.
    Lot of missed chances but finishing isn't our forte

I'm not a Pool supporter so wouldn't see him play that often and I know he just looks awkward, but every time I see him he's actually very solid. No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Madrid aren't even at De Gea's level, he should be going to Barca if he has any sense

Yeah, Real Madrid, a top Champions League calibre club, aren't at the level of a player who's playing tonight in the Europa League.

That is humorous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

As comfortable a first half as could be, just a shame it's not reflected on the scoreboard.

Only thing I would change for the second half would be to stop kicking every chance directly at De Gea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Clyne kicked his own heals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Every time I find myself feeling sorry for refs I remember that they constantly make it hard to make excuses for them. Their inconsistency is their biggest problem.
    Listen to some of Howard Webb's descriptions of how they reach their decisions and their 'management of a football match' and the inconsistencies just become a little more obvious. To be fair this Spanish lad didn't exactly conform to the English stereotype by actually daring to book someone in the first 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How are the two lads saying that wouldn't be a foul anywhere? C'mon biys...

Scholes: "He's not pulled him back"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Scholes and Ferdinand don't believe that it was a penalty.... I am shocked. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yep, other two are solid saves I'd expect DDG to make.

Liverpool by far the better team so far. Van Gaal can't have long left.

I wish I believed this.

Anyway, it could be alot worse.

Penalty was fair enough, the few chances we have had in front of goal have been thoroughly wasteful, we should be a minimum of two down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

One thing is for sure, he has been too good for Utd for about two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Put us to the sword tonight because the next round would see Utd humiliated if they play like this.

Never a peno by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He should be playing with Space Jam against the Aliens to save the world :D

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    How are the two lads saying that wouldn't be a foul anywhere? C'mon biys...

Scholes: "He's not pulled him back"

:pac:
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Scholes and Ferdinand don't believe that it was a penalty.... I am shocked. :pac:

They should lose their punditry jobs for those biased opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The difference in approach, the difference mindset and the difference in the path that both of these clubs are on is jarring. Liverpool have looked slick, their movements have been sharp, their pressing really fantastically organised, they've allowed Man Utd practically no easy possession out from the back. This is a team with Klopp's fingerprints all over it, even if the individuals which it consists of may not be the ideal Klopp players. On the other hand Man Utd have resorted to getting players behind the ball, not pressing the Liverpool center backs, trying to play direct and attempting to hit Fellaini when they get controlled possession in the Liverpool half of the pitch. If that seems negative, this is a club on the verge of bringing in Mourinho and this could easily become the norm. It's perplexing that a club the stature and with all of the resources of Man Utd have gone down this route while Liverpool are the club that have embraced where modern football is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Utd's poty 2002-2007 reckons the ref got the pen decision spot on. Nice to see Webb leaving the tribal rivalries behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nice to see Ferdinand, Scholes and MacManaman offering impartial punditry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I've been trying to avoid spoilers for that. Thanks. Really hope Liverpool win now :pac:

My bad, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

They should lose their punditry jobs for that biased opinions.

Scholes in particular showing himself up, completely biased, and arguing with Howard Webb. WTF!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The most obvious booking of the half in my opinion was the one Can didn't get after about 4 mins for trying to bring down Rashford (I think) and handling the ball deliberately on the ground then.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On another note, Daley Blind looks like he is Amish with that weird beard/no moustache thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I cannot believe that United will be so spineless in the 2nd half, worrying that we haven't put this to bed. Have a feeling LFC will regret not taking one of those 2 golden chances.

Pen was marginal, but depay was a mess and give the ref every chance to award a pen. Rashford is a mess too when pushed back into his half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J. Marston wrote: »
    My bad, sorry.

You're grand. I reckon batman v superman will be so bad that my mind will break and need resetting this forgetting your wanton display.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement