Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Services available over FTTH infrastructure

Options
  • 09-03-2016 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi,
    I see your FTTH product is called Fibre Extreme.

But your cheapest broadband package on it is €87 per month which is completely unaffordable.

Do you offer any cheaper monthly internet services for slower speeds, but delivered over the FTTH infrastructure? The copper infrastructure is pretty bad and we are very far away from the only exchange anyway so anything we do will have to be FTTH.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OpenEir prices dictate how cheap retail ISPs can go, as a new expensive rollout you won't see cheaper rates for a few years. A common misconception is that slower should be cheaper, but really it costs them the same to deliver 10Mb or 1000Mb. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

breathn wrote: »
    Hi,
    I see your FTTH product is called Fibre Extreme.

But your cheapest broadband package on it is €87 per month which is completely unaffordable.

Do you offer any cheaper monthly internet services for slower speeds, but delivered over the FTTH infrastructure? The copper infrastructure is pretty bad and we are very far away from the only exchange anyway so anything we do will have to be FTTH.

Thanks
    Hi breathn,

I would recommend contacting our sales department and they would be more than happy to explore all available options with you. You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them on-line on www.eir.ie/chatnow.

Pamela 

Advertisement