Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard mortgage solicitor fees?

Options
  • 09-03-2016 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

As above, what should I be aiming for with regard to solicitor fees for moving house?

Can anyone pm recommendations for a solicitor in Dublin that is competitively priced and good to work with?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

About €1.5-2k for professional fee on a standard house, about another €1k on registration fees, searches and outlay.

Then 1% stamp duty, rebate the purchaser any LPT already paid, survey of 300-400 and valuation report 150.

On a 200k property, allow €5,500-6,000 for closing expenses i.e. on top of deposit, furniture and repairs/renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Currently buying in SthDub and using a solicitor I last used 10+ years ago.
    Current fees are €950 + vat. I presume there'll be a few hundred extra for stamps,searches on top of that. But I'll be surprised if my final bill is above €1.8k all in

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

About €1.5-2k for professional fee on a standard house
    That is madness and you got ripped if you paid that. Average I have seen is 950.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Approx €2600 is what we paid in the last 2 weeks for our house purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

We are paying about 2100 all incl. for a house purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

beanian wrote: »
    That is madness and you got ripped if you paid that. Average I have seen is 950.

950 plus VAT so c. €1,200. That seems to be the price of the "low cost conveyance" guys. Rather pay an extra few hundred and get it done right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My guy is/was €795 + VAT and Costs for selling a house and €850 + VAT and costs for buying a house.

Advertisement