Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid subscription - not a subscriber

Options
12346»

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I know a year and two months is absolutely pants and an embarrassment.

If I could fix it myself I would have but unfortunately I haven't got the skills for that. We have to rely on other people and their schedule of work to fit it in. If it was a quick fix, it'd be done already but it's not just a case of cancelling PP and switching provider; some integration work would need to be done by the tech team to make the potential new payment provider work with our system in the way that Paypal used to.

Myself and Mark have both raised the issue here in the office and will do so again. It's not just a pain for you, it's a worry for us if we've got everyone who's subscribed or not - we don't want to miss adding anyone's sub when they've been good enough to give one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

What changed that stopped things working the way they are supposed to? If it was something that PayPal changed then a switch to another provider would solve it. If it's something Boards related then fix whatever was changed.

Is it really that complicated?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Seriously, if you can't schedule someone to look at a major issue in a year and two months it's gone beyond an embarrassment at this stage.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hoping not to be tempting fate with this, but the issue should be resolved now. The guys basically had to rip up the system that was in place and start afresh. Going to be keeping an eye on transactions and this thread, of course, but hopefully smooth sailing ahead.

Sorry it took so long and for any inconvenience / delayed subscriptions in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just spotted that my PayPal was charged twice when my yearly renewal came around. Once on July 29th and again on August 2nd - both times for €50. Can one of them be refunded? I can provide the Transaction IDs if needed.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Will take a look for you now, JohnK

Boards.ie Employee

Refund issued. Can you double check your Paypal automated payments please, just in case it's set up to happen again.

Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
    In the 'My pre-approved payments' section, click 'Update'.
    Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click 'Cancel'.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks Mark, thats come through here. There were 2 subscriptions listed for Boards so I've cancelled the July 29th one.

Boards.ie Employee

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hi, I hadn't enough PayPal funds in my account when my yearly recurring subscription was due to be processed. I topped it up there yesterday and have a receipt from Boards confirming the payment went through (Transaction ID ending in 0424) but my subscriber privileges have not been updated. Can I get this sorted please?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Scorpion Sting, I'm afraid there's no record in our PayPal activity yet. Could you drop us an e-mail at hello@boards.ie and mention the e-mail address that is linked to your PayPal please? It might help if you forward / attach a screenshot of receipt in mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ok will do Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ah here. Is the paypal thing not automated yet, since the last hack? Did a months sub. Need to send PM's for the lols.

Have you considered robotising the server hamsters?

Boards.ie Employee

Hi the_syco,

It's showing up as added to me and you're marked as being in the Subscribers group. Is it not updated for you still?

Advertisement