Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth interfering with Wifi

• 09-03-2016 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I got a bluetooth USB dongle for my laptop about 3 months ago to stream audio., its one of the standard CSR ones I have a separate little bluetooth adaptor, which my speakers are connected to. The solution has worked great since I got it, but in the last 2 days for some reason when there's audio streaming via bluetooth, my internet download rate drops dramatically from 60Mbps to about 2Mbps. I have tested it various ways - with/without dongle attached, audio streaming/not streaming, and it is limited to when there's bluetooth audio, nothing to do with broadband or router.
    As I said, it was fine for ages, just the last 2 days its been doing this. Anyone experienced this and know any way to adjust it so the wifi isn't degraded by the bluetooth audio?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bluetooth channel hops. Normally reboothing the bluetooth devices will select a new channel and fix it. If this isn't working then you want to change your Wifi channel in your routers configuration page.

Advertisement