Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Outs no more!!

Options
  • 09-03-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Time Outs are gone, and have been replaced by a new 'Time Out Wafer'
    The replacement is just a shoddy cheap replacement and won't satisfy my Time Out craving.

They were amazing with a cup of tea, when you bite off both ends and suck the tea through the bar like a straw.... which in turn melts the flakey goodness in the middle and turns it into a choccy mess of deliciousness!

http://www.dailyedge.ie/time-out-2649791-Mar2016/

It was one of the few bars 'innovated' in the Ireland factory, and I believe the early years were a success story, leading to an increase in jobs in Coolock.
    However, sales were in decline over the years and then manufacture shifted to Poland.

RIP Time Out :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Just saw these earlier today in the shop. I wasnt enticed to buy I must say.
    I loved biting the ends off and using the bar as a straw too :(

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Time Outs are gone, and have been replaced by a new 'Time Out Wafer'
    The replacement is just a shoddy cheap replacement and won't satisfy my Time Out craving.

They were amazing with a cup of tea, when you bite off both ends and suck the tea through the bar like a straw.... which in turn melts the flakey goodness in the middle and turns it into a choccy mess of deliciousness!

http://www.dailyedge.ie/time-out-2649791-Mar2016/

It was one of the few bars 'innovated' in the Ireland factory, and I believe the early years were a success story, leading to an increase in jobs in Coolock.
    However, sales were in decline over the years and then manufacture shifted to Poland.

RIP Time Out :(

I absolutely loved the original wrapping back in the 90s. There was a nice bar version of it too which came out after the two fingered original version.

They should have just brought back the original wrapper. To me it was more attention grabbing then when they changed it. Sounds silly but to be honest, they seemed to blend into the background when they changed the wrapper. Power of marketing eh.

Advertisement