Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Stress Test

• 09-03-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Sorry in advance for my stupidity but i was wondering I am considering buying a property for 220K but taking a mortgage of 180K. My question is in relation to stress testing of the mortgage will they stress test the property value or what is mortgage loan i get?

Also what is required for a couple following stress testing of mortgage?

I would appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will stress test for an increase in mortgage interest rates on your repayment ability to cope with same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

That means they will make sure you have means to pay 125% of the month payment agreed (lets sat your payment will be 1000/month, the bank needs to make sure you can afford to pay 1250)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Do lenders ask potential borrowers intentions about having children?

They are hugely expensive, and would have a way bigger affect on disposable income/ability to repay than an increase in interest rates.

Advertisement