Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps won't work - and won't delete, either

• 09-03-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

In the last couple of weeks, two apps on my iPhone 4S have completely gone kaput. I think it happened during an update to new versions after which, for some reason, the apps have constantly shown up as 'Installing' and, instead of the app logo, there's a grey box with something not dissimilar to a target icon.

I've tried deleting the apps from the phone by pressing down on them for a few seconds and clicking the X in the top right corner, but this hasn't worked. I've tried hooking up the phone to iTunes on my laptop and deleting them from there, but that won't work. I've tried reinstalling them from the App Store on my phone, but this hasn't been successful either.

One of the apps I don't care about; I hardly used it anyway. The other is Hailo, which I use every week and can't do without on my phone.

Any helpful, technologically-savvy Boardsies able to figure out how I should solve this total headache?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I had the same problem with done deal but it just fixed itself after a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I had this issue, but when I went into the app store, it gave me the option of stopping the update. I then turned the phone off and on again and tried the update again and all worked fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Try restarting the phone. I remember having this problem a while back and I think that's how I fixed it. The greyed out app disappeared. Then I could reinstall from the App Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

DubDJ wrote: »
    Try restarting the phone. I remember having this problem a while back and I think that's how I fixed it. The greyed out app disappeared. Then I could reinstall from the App Store.
    BDJW wrote: »
    I had this issue, but when I went into the app store, it gave me the option of stopping the update. I then turned the phone off and on again and tried the update again and all worked fine

Worked a treat! Thank you both :D

Advertisement