Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lace Nails??

Options
  • 09-03-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm not a girl who gets her nails done very often so I haven't a clue what can be done but I was hoping to get "lace effect nails" for my wedding day.
    I don't know how to post links but if you Google "lace nails",the first pic that comes up is like what I'm after. Is this something that can be done in any nail salon or would I have to go somewhere in particular? I have to admit its not something I've ever seen on anyone in real life so I'm just hoping it is possible to get here.

I'm in county cork,any recommendations in Cork city or county would be much appreciated. TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Are these the nails?

5cda99fb1b9a52c33c1c3c10f02e26a0.jpg

1d6c34b582b6058d403b78eec5d3a7c2.jpg

I've seen them on several people so they are possible to get done. I've no recommendations for (I never get my nails done, and I'm nowhere near Cork, sorry), but it is possible.

If I were you I would go into a few different salons, beauticians etc and bring a photo and show them and ask if they do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know I got stick on nails in Penneys a few years ago that had a lace effect - they looked fab on. Check Penneys or Claires Accessories.
    But getting them professionally done would look far better. Sorry can't help you any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Are these the nails?

5cda99fb1b9a52c33c1c3c10f02e26a0.jpg

1d6c34b582b6058d403b78eec5d3a7c2.jpg

I've seen them on several people so they are possible to get done. I've no recommendations for (I never get my nails done, and I'm nowhere near Cork, sorry), but it is possible.

If I were you I would go into a few different salons, beauticians etc and bring a photo and show them and ask if they do them.

Yes the top pic is what I'm looking for! I know I could probably get stickers but would prefer to get them done professionally. I probably will just have to call around to places and show them the pic,was just hoping someone out there would know of a specific place that does them so I could just go there! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yes the top pic is what I'm looking for! I know I could probably get stickers but would prefer to get them done professionally. I probably will just have to call around to places and show them the pic,was just hoping someone out there would know of a specific place that does them so I could just go there! :-)
    I'd say most places that does nails would do them to be honest.

You may need to get gels/acrylics/shellac though as I don't know if they'd do them with just regular polish, they might though.

Advertisement