Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret House of Mystery, Knocklyon

Options
  • 09-03-2016 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi, I searched but could not find an answer so maybe one of you fine folk will be able to satiate my curiosity about a particular house in Knocklyon.

If you are coming off the M50 and at the roundabout (where the first exit (left) brings you down to Knocklyon Supervalu), you go straight.
    Just a short distance on there is a very plain bungalow in the middle of the field. There are a few things that are curious about it:
    - At the top of the driveway there is always a car, what looks like, and what the locals say is, a Garda car
    - The locals say the house belongs to Albert Reynolds
    - The taxi drivers say it belongs to Albert Reynolds
    - Albert Reynolds is dead
    - If Albert is dead, he is hardly inside the house. Why a Garda presence?
    - The house is plain, ugly, and in an unlandscaped field. Were it a former Taoisighs I would expect a hedge at least for a bit of privacy
    - I heard Albert lived in the Four Seasons prior to shuffeling off his mortal coil
    - Yo could tell by looking in the house it has nothin' to do with a feckin' Taoiseach

Open Questions
    1) Why do the locals think it belongs to Albert Reynolds
    2) Why is there a Garda presence?
    3) What's the craic with that house lads!?

Thanks & Regards,
    Mr. Hamster Face

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hi, I searched but could not find an answer so maybe one of you fine folk will be able to satiate my curiosity about a particular house in Knocklyon.

If you are coming off the M50 and at the roundabout (where the first exit (left) brings you down to Knocklyon Supervalu), you go straight.
    Just a short distance on there is a very plain bungalow in the middle of the field. There are a few things that are curious about it:
    - At the top of the driveway there is always a car, what looks like, and what the locals say is, a Garda car
    - The locals say the house belongs to Albert Reynolds
    - The taxi drivers say it belongs to Albert Reynolds
    - Albert Reynolds is dead
    - If Albert is dead, he is hardly inside the house. Why a Garda presence?
    - The house is plain, ugly, and in an unlandscaped field. Were it a former Taoisighs I would expect a hedge at least for a bit of privacy
    - I heard Albert lived in the Four Seasons prior to shuffeling off his mortal coil
    - Yo could tell by looking in the house it has nothin' to do with a feckin' Taoiseach

Open Questions
    1) Why do the locals think it belongs to Albert Reynolds
    2) Why is there a Garda presence?
    3) What's the craic with that house lads!?

Thanks & Regards,
    Mr. Hamster Face
    Assuming you mean this property

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2792608,-6.3134218,3a,75y,4.92h,75.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbmtDMCckTVcq3MX1VAj81w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The locals are right it does belong to an ex Taoiseach. However you must have heard wrong because any man woman child or even dog from the locality would tell you that Cosgrove is the ex Taoiseach in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

That would be it alright, the locals I spoke to were really from rathfarnham but def said Reynolds as did the taxi driver. Am sure you are right of course.

Is he still going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

95 years old!

Ill bet there are property developers hovering like vultures for that site when he goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

95 years old!

Ill bet there are property developers hovering like vultures for that site when he goes!

Damn right

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

That would be it alright, the locals I spoke to were really from rathfarnham but def said Reynolds as did the taxi driver. Am sure you are right of course.

Is he still going?

Still going at a fine old age of 95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't believe that anyone thought that it was Albert Reynold's house. At the time he became Taoiseach, Reynolds lived in an apartment complex called Hazeldene on Anglesea Road, I used to see his wife Kathleen walking to 10 o'clock mass in Donnybrook church every morning. Then they bought a house on Ailesury Road, then they moved to a serviced apartment in what was then the Four Seasons (now the Intercontinental) Hotel. Kathleen Reynolds liked to show off her lifestyle so all of the places they lived in were featured in articles in glossy magazines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Ive always wondered what the story is with this house in Knocklyon.

Its looked the same for decades!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Assuming you mean this property

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2792608,-6.3134218,3a,75y,4.92h,75.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbmtDMCckTVcq3MX1VAj81w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The locals are right it does belong to an ex Taoiseach. However you must have heard wrong because any man woman child or even dog from the locality would tell you that Cosgrove is the ex Taoiseach in question.
    Actually they would tell you that it is Liam Cosgrave!

Advertisement