Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaggia Repair Dublin

• 09-03-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a Gaggia Classic and tried replacing the gasket last week but the thing is wedged in there and isn't budging with a flat screwdriver. I'm not sure but it almost looks like the rubber has molded itself onto the machine over time. Anywhere I can get this sorted out in Dublin? I rang Kenilworth Electric but they say they only do a full machine service for €78 and don't do just minor repairs. Also rang Watermark and they say they're no longer the agent for Gaggia repairs. Is there any new companies doing coffee machine repair in the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

Nice guide how to replace the group gasket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't have the hook the lady in that movie has but I use a thin round metal skewer to prise the gasket up a bit and then grab it with a pair of long nose pliers. Boring a screw into it as in the movie would be the nuclear option to get it out as you wouldn't be putting it back in again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah I had actually watched that video on how to do it but my one just isn't budging and from inspecting the rubber it almost looks hard glued onto the group head. I might give it another try at the weekend with a metal skewer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

Just use a screw and pull it with the pliers , most common recommendation , that what they do anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JPWOctane

Yep, go with the screw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

Had the same model and using a screw to lever out the gasket is the best method with a pair of pliers. Take you time and follow the YouTube videos and will work.

Advertisement