Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teclast X3 Pro Ultrabook Tablet PC - Microsoft Surface Killer?

Options
  • 09-03-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello guys, I just came across this tablet/ultrabook and wanted to ask your opinion since there are no reviews around, yet.

Specs:
    • Genuine Windows 10 Home OS: The Latest system makes you work and entertain with more excellent interface, compatibility and running effect
    • 11.6 inch large screen: With 1920 x 1080 resolution IPS screen, 178 wide angle offering good experience for watching videos and browsing the Web, supports Stylus pen touch
    • CPU: With Skylake architecture and 14nm technology, Intel Core M3-6Y30 (up to 2.2GHz) 64 bits processor gets obvious better performance than last generation CPU
    • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 515 processor is better and faster in playing games and watching videos than the previous generation, it also supports DirectX11 special game effect which makes you have vivid gaming experience
    • RAM + ROM: 8GB + 128GB SSD super large storage offers ultra-fast surfing online, video playing and 3D gaming experience enhanced with LPDDR3 memory which makes all applications faster and has lower power consumption saving, it will suit your all needs for work, study or play
    • TF card: Up to 128GB (not included)
    • 9000mAh battery: Can meet the current, power and the temperature and increase the performance dynamically
    • Main functions: Support WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, OTG, HDMI, USB3.0, etc.
    • Note: the keyboard and stylus pen are not included in package
    Pictures
    eS0JkZq.jpg

So, what do you guys think? Can we even compare it to the Microsoft Surface?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Could be ok. Could also die badly within 2 years due to cheap as chips parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Could be ok. Could also die badly within 2 years due to cheap as chips parts.

I agree, probably best not to get too excited about this just yet. It could be a good tablet, but don't expect the materials to match that of a Surface Pro. Always good to see good lower end competition in the laptop/tablet market though.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

I agree, probably best not to get too excited about this just yet. It could be a good tablet, but don't expect the materials to match that of a Surface Pro. Always good to see good lower end competition in the laptop/tablet market though.

I totally agree, even if it won't be as good, it gives us more options.
    Also, 8Gb of RAM are a lot for how much this could end up costing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

PeteSco wrote: »
    I totally agree, even if it won't be as good, it gives us more options.
    Also, 8Gb of RAM are a lot for how much this could end up costing.

True, 8GB of RAM is starting to become the standard in low-mid level machines these days. So good to see it here seeing that it isn't possible to upgrade.

I'm just waiting for MS and Apple and co to make it the minimum on all of their systems, and anything with a Pro tag should have 16. Even 128GB storage is a pathetic entry point .... (must stop ranting...)

True, 8GB of RAM is starting to become the standard in low-mid level machines these days. So good to see it here seeing that it isn't possible to upgrade.

I'm just waiting for MS and Apple and co to make it the minimum on all of their systems, and anything with a Pro tag should have 16. Even 128GB storage is a pathetic entry point .... (must stop ranting...)

Haha, well.. Are you talking about Tablets or Laptops?
    Because the trending seems to be still 4Gb for 2016, at least in the tablet world. Like you can see in this promo: http://promotion.geekbuying.com/promotion/2016_trending_2_in_1_tablet

EDIT: They seem to have the Teclast X3 Pro on presale (link). It costs $589. What do you think of the price?

• Advertisement

Here's a first look video:

Advertisement