Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prev Cancelled Insurance - Get Quote

• 09-03-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone advise on how and where I can get a reasonable quote if I had Insurance cancelled previously? There was a mix up and my insurer cancelled my policy because I (stupidly) forgot to declare a prior claim. Now every site makes you declare that you have never had a policy cancelled in order to quote you a premium. Has anyone else had this experience, and how did you overcome it? Where is best to go in this instance? TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

You will find it very difficult. Get 3 written refusals from insurers and present your circumstances to the Declined Cases Committee in the Irish Insurance Federation

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EnglishinIre32

out of interest, how can insurers know if I had a policy cancelled by another insurer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

out of interest, how can insurers know if I had a policy cancelled by another insurer?

they ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

godtabh wrote: »
    they ask

Exactly. And don't add a further cancellation for misrepresentation to your existing troubles

Advertisement