Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do for a living?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

TallGlass wrote: »
    I have always wanted to know do moderators on here put down there contribution to this site on there CV?

I have it on my linkedin. Probably a bad idea as it might result in me being murdered at some point.

Anyway, I work in science. Looking at maybe going down another career route though Statistics maybe but they all seem to want, well statistical expertise.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I have it on my linkedin. Probably a bad idea as it might result in me being murdered at some point.

Anyway, I work in science. Looking at maybe going down another career route though Statistics maybe but they all seem to want, well statistical expertise.

Can I take a gamble and guess its medicinal chemistry? ;)

On another thought, something tells me I shouldn't have put this in After Hours.........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Elemonator wrote: »
    Can I take a gamble and guess its medicinal chemistry? ;)

On another thought, something tells me I shouldn't have put this in After Hours.........

Ha! I wish! Nah, bloodwork.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gail Platts Cleavage

I work in wealth management for an investment bank in Frankfurt. I have a small portfolio of Irish and British based clients who want to protect and enhance their position. It's very much face-to-face and steady as it goes when it comes to investing. I enjoy the human aspect of it to be honest.

I'm the bearded post office clerk in Claregalway that gives this chancer his mickey money, and sells him electricity tokens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I do architectural work, primarily for the pharmaceutical industry. It's the type of design you don't get shown or taught in college because it's not flash, but hey its a niche and at present paying better than other types of architectural work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Specialun wrote: »
    Im a full time mad bastard

Tried that for a while I couldn't hack it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I do sums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Specialun wrote: »
    Im a full time mad bastard

I think it's unfair that lads can be full time mad bastard all their life but the beour have to switch to full time mommy at age 16 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Sales, play poker semi pro and have a small income online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Undertaker. Not to be mistaken with undies taker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I foot turf and drink Tennent's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Make people less hairy.
    Changing roles shortly though. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

I handle external communications for my company in the UK, France, Germany and other parts of the world when it's needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I work in wealth management for an investment bank in Frankfurt. I have a small portfolio of Irish and British based clients who want to protect and enhance their position. It's very much face-to-face and steady as it goes when it comes to investing. I enjoy the human aspect of it to be honest.

Let's see Paul Allen's card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I am a ''fish fart'' collector in a spirit level factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have been retired for over 17 years. When I did work it was in science related to wildlife and environmental issues. Now I draw a lovely pension, that I paid into for over 35 years, for a living. Cushiest job going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

How much do you earn?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I pretend to know what I'm doing.

I'm a risk analyst for an investment bank in Geneva. This means that I am very wealthy. Recently I bought a small hotel in the west of Ireland as a hobby. That makes me a hotel operator as well as a sums person.

Being rich is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

How much do you earn?

Who? How much do you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

How much do you earn?
    Cut to the chase why don't ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I ensure that Biopharmaceutical products/processes are compliant with the en285 regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm a Primary School teacher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Currently busy trying to be a super mum :-)
    Normally work in accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

So many intelligent people with important jobs on Boards.

And then you have The Backwards Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I make the world a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm a soldier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Outdoor instructor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Gona give up my job and apply for a Luas drivers job, enough said:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I ensure that Biopharmaceutical products/processes are complaint with the en285 regulations.

And I carry out quality control on said products

Advertisement