Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir rep

Options
  • 09-03-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Just had an eir rep call to the house offering 17 meg fibre broadband on the newly upgraded cabinet ........17 meg is not fibre and sky(my current supplier) say my line cannot handle any more than what its getting at the moment 2-3 meg .....someone is telling porkies 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Eir Fibre powered service which is really just vdsl supports anywhere from 1 - 100 mb depending on distance.
    Eir may have upgraded your exchange from ADSL1 to VDSL if so you would get around 17mb if you live 1000 - 1200 metres from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

To add to Tuxys very accurate post, if Sky aren't seeing it yet then they havent pulled the latest database.

http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/

Pop your number in there for accurate ratings. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Exchange Code:  Unknown
    DSL Enabled:  Yes - 20 MB
    NGB Enabled:  No
    Fibre Enabled: No
    LLU Enabled: No

I did next doors number and got this 

Exchange Code:  Unknown
    DSL Enabled:  Yes - 2 MB
    NGB Enabled:  No
    Fibre Enabled: No
    LLU Enabled: No

So he's offering 17-20Mb NGB, not fibre. Door to doors usual ****e. Doesn't work for eir directly so nothing will be done.

Is next doors line inactive? Normally all prequals will update at once. Rarely they'll be a different exchange.

ED E wrote: »
    So he's offering 17-20Mb NGB, not fibre. Door to doors usual ****e. Doesn't work for eir directly so nothing will be done.

Is next doors line inactive? Normally all prequals will update at once. Rarely they'll be a different exchange.
    Guy had the eir van and the full eir kit (uniform)......next door has/had "broadband" not sure about now ......would it be safe to say my line should hold more than the 2mb down at the moment with the ngb?

• Advertisement

Looks like it might still be a legacy exchange that doesnt support higher speeds even though you've got a decent line.

Mind saying what exchange/town this is?

Beauparc exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Vego wrote: »
    Beauparc exchange
    Hi  Vego,

You should be able to check your line capability here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/.

Pamela 

Beauparc exchange
    Hi  Vego,

You should be able to check your line capability here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/.

Pamela 
    Hi pamela I did and were not due to next year ......strange why you have someone out and about telling everyone its upgraded to fibre yet not proof to check this bar a map that says its not upgraded yet .....I would hash a guess he should be pushing NGB not fibre 

Beauparc exchange
    Hi  Vego,

Pamela 
    Hi pamela I did and were not due to next year ......strange why you have someone out and about telling everyone its upgraded to fibre yet not proof to check this bar a map that says its not upgraded yet .....I would hash a guess he should be pushing NGB not fibre 
    LOL no. BPC is an old subtended exchange, can't manage 8Mb never mind 17 (unless its really recently been bumped up).

Next time kick him in the proverbials and close the door ;)

• Advertisement

Beauparc exchange
    Hi  Vego,

Pamela 
    LOL no. BPC is an old subtended exchange, can't manage 8Mb never mind 17 (unless its really recently been bumped up).

well thats what hes saying is it has been upgraded but I cant find anything about it on line except a line test result and sky (my provider) saying nope my line will still only dish out max 2mb download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Beauparc exchange
    Hi  Vego,

Pamela 

well thats what hes saying is it has been upgraded but I cant find anything about it on line except a line test result and sky (my provider) saying nope my line will still only dish out max 2mb download

I'm sorry for the agent providing you with the wrong information. 

I'll pass this feedback on. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

EEK !!!....After speaking to sky then the rep again I was assured fibre was now live in the area ...he even tried to sell me the tv package ......this is like buying a can of pepsi ........its not quite coca cola they lied just to hook you in ...and by reading older posts this is quite common

Advertisement