Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Mir

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hunt via Decision
    What a ****ing joke, ref should have stopped that. Lombard wasnt defending himself at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Neil Magny, I salute you, simply incredible performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hunt via Decision
    That ref should never be allowed into a professional cage again, ever.

What a ****ing joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hunt via Decision
    Justice, should have got the win in the second. Percival should never be let in the cage again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Hunt via Decision
    What a farce. That fight should never have got to the second round.

Nor should it have made it to the third.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hunt via Decision
    I found myself shouting at the tele for the ref to stop that absolutely sickening no wonder the sport has a bad name,that was worst than rockhold weidman,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Hunt via Decision
    Still think Magny is too tall and lanky for this division. Against someone who is 5'11-6ft where his reach advantage isn't as pronounced he'd be found out. IMO.

Hunt via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    I found myself shouting at the tele for the ref to stop that absolutely sickening no wonder the sport has a bad name,that was worst than rockhold weidman,

My missus came out of our bedroom to see if I was ok because I apparently sounded so upset shouting at the TV for the ref to end it.

Hunt via Decision
    He will be found out without that reach.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision
    Yeah complete joke he wasnt defending himself in any way there,lombard is a cheat so im glad he got an ass whooping cardio is king what a bloke magny is fights anyone on any notice,

Also it shows the level of fighter maia is,he had sex with magny such a great grappler.

Hunt via Decision
    Randomly my missus has decided to stay up and watch the main event with me, which she has never done before.
    Mrs. Marcos says hi lads!

edit:and ladies, just incase.

:D I am not a lad, but Hi Mrs. Marcos ***waves***

Hunt via Decision
    Randomly my missus has decided to stay up and watch the main event with me, which she has never done before.
    Mrs. Marcos says hi lads!

Is she wondering why you discuss fights with other fight nerds online :pac:

Whats her prediction here

Hunt via Decision
    Is she wondering why you discuss fights with other fight nerds online :pac:

Whats her prediction here

She comes to my BJJ competitions with me and has gone to live MMA events with me, but has never stayed up late with me to watch a UFC event that was on this late, I woke her up shouting at the TV for the ref to end the last fight and she decided to watch the last fight with me.

She's backing Hunt because "those pacific islanders are all freakishly strong, aren't they?".

Can't argue with her logic tbh.

Hunt via Decision
    Mir by Submission

Hunt via Decision
    Hunt ko 2m56s upper cut walk off job.

Hunt via Decision
    Hunt KO. In the second. Not brave enough to put money on it but fairly confident in a KO

Hunt via Decision
    I have €20 on hunt by KO.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision
    booom walk off ko what a bloke

I have €20 on hunt by KO.

That was beautiful timing, LOL

Hunt via Decision
    Mark, mother fu*king Hunt.

I love that he just walked away after he landed it.

Hunt via Decision
    No celebration nothing just walks off like an absolute gangster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Smashed 'em bro!!

Hunt via Decision
    Bit of a joke of a fight in fairness, haven't met anyone who thought Mir had a chance.

Mir looks like he's in similar shape to me. Which is not a good thing. How he's still a HW top 10 speaks a lot about the division.

Hunt via Decision

was wrong by 5 seconds ill hit the nail on the head some day.

Hunt via Decision
    Mrs. Marcos; Wow, maybe I should watch this more

Me; Lets go to vegas in the summer so?

Mrs. Marcos; Don't push it.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision
    darced wrote: »

Are you for real?

He saw Mir on the ground completely out of it and decided not to beat the snot out of him.

Hunt via Decision

Mir was on another planet, he was beyond knocked out.

Hunt via Decision
    He would've turned mir into a vegetable if he ground and pounded him.

Hunt via Decision
    11099898_10153709988422851_382221271_n.jpg?oh=1e245b1b4b6735281eb590cfa8b85271&oe=56F11C33

Hunt via Decision
    He would've turned mir into a vegetable if he ground and pounded him.

I 1000000000000% agree.

Hunt isn't a viscous person, he's not trying to kill people he wants to finish the fight and get out of there. The last thing he wanted to do was slap Frank's head off of the canvas a few times. The fight was over, he knew it, so he walked off.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision

I can see your point of view,I think theres exceptions to the walk off ko stoppage but at heavy weight and when hunt drops you,its over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hunt via Decision
    He wasnt really conscious tho! Stiff arms and neck - Out!

Hunt via Decision
    Hunt's reaction is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

without a doubt i think mark hunt would be the best fighter to have a pint with. id imagine he's a pure gent, but hs the best stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nooooooooooo ..... You're my boy Frank :(

About the KO, if Frank was alright, he would have argued with the ref or moved his and arms. He was done.

He could have done serious damage to Mir there like most fighters would.

Also, Hunt has had a ****ed life. Worth looking it up if you're a fan. Hard not to be a fan of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hunt via Decision
    Lads what did I tell you about Magny, heart of gold what a performance to come back from that first round. No way in hell should it have gone to the third what a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads what did I tell you about Magny, heart of gold what a performance to come back from that first round. No way in hell should it have gone to the third what a disgrace.

Just finished watching the recording,end of that second round in magny fight,what the absolute ****,you could even hear the crowd wanted it I've,****ing brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hunt via Decision
    Also considering his coach bigging up his ability to win Abu Dhabi Lombard without a doubt should have taken Magnys back and sunk in a RNC.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

It was an entertaining finish but to me this was MMA at its worst: two washed up fat b@stards (especially Mir) a decade past their prime meeting in the octagon for what to me was a circus act. The extent to which Mir has let himself go in terms of his condition since 2010 is shocking yet he never fails to talk himself back into the octagon and take a good pasting when he's there. He must retire, it's now over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Caught up on the main card action.

Bosse is a monster and I think could have a bright future at light heavyweight.

Daniel Kelly is a really likable guy. Huge victory for him.

Steve Perceval is a fúcking shít referee. How he let Lombard take that much punishment at the end of the second round boiled my blood when watching it this morning.
    For him to say to Lombard before the final round that "you need to protect yourself" is galling.

If he's not defending or improving his decision, it is your duty as a referee to end the fight. Prick.

---

Mark Hunt is cool as fúck.

That is all.

Hunt via Decision
    Rewatched the Magny fight just there. Not impressed with him at all to be honest. Yes he did comeback from getting dominated in the first round and yes we all love a Rocky Balboa story but really he should have been finished in the first. Against an opponent with better fight IQ that didn't gas themselves throwing a foolish volume of strikes that weren't making much contact he would have been either finished or decisioned.

He also looks like he has absolutely no power. Looks really weak. Lombard is short and stocky and likes to throw down so his reach is a perfect weapon there but against someone closer to his size, say a 6footer with average reach he'd be found out. Can't see him going anywhere.

Hunt via Decision
    Lombard was inefficient with his energy rematch please Dana :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Random but remember that Rockhold vs Bisping card in Australia a couple of years back? Every fight on the card ended in a finish IIRC. :eek:
    Was in Sydney 18 months ago. Great event, was lucky enough to be at it.
    Axwell wrote: »
    What a ****ing joke, ref should have stopped that. Lombard wasnt defending himself at all.

I've had an issue with him for a while. He ref local fight too and has let that happen.

Check out Marc Goddard in the background, visibly distressed that it's not being stopped.
    30618b48669be8d53edea728596389ee.gif
    fc8821fd67917817b62bfafcc268dcc6.gif
    Bit of a joke of a fight in fairness, haven't met anyone who thought Mir had a chance.

Mir looks like he's in similar shape to me. Which is not a good thing. How he's still a HW top 10 speaks a lot about the division.

My missus said at the said of the fight. "Mir looks like he's gassed from the start. How is that possible"

If it starts becoming a thing there would be an issue. But Hunt was completely right here. He looked at Mir before he walked off. His hands were down and he was frozen stiff. The overhead camera shot above show how out of it he was. Not a bit of movement from Mir.

Bisping was completely different as he covered up instantly as he fell, and was actively defending and talking to the ref as soon as it stopped.
    It was an entertaining finish but to me this was MMA at its worst: two washed up fat b@stards (especially Mir) a decade past their prime meeting in the octagon for what to me was a circus act. The extent to which Mir has let himself go in terms of his condition since 2010 is shocking yet he never fails to talk himself back into the octagon and take a good pasting when he's there. He must retire, it's now over.

Agree completely regarding Mir.
    But can't for a second call Mark Hunt a washed up fat b@stard. Sure's he fat, so what. he's never going to have a 6 pack. He has only lost to top 3 opponents in the last 5 years. And he has the ability to put the all away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement