Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No fibre on line?

Options
  • 09-03-2016 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,
    My father recently received a letter stating that the bill was going up by €2a month but he was free to get out of contract if he wished without penalty. This was confirmed today by Johnathan in the loyalty team,who put through the cancellation as a switch and stated that he was free to switch provider. Thing is he isn't, other providers are saying line cannot support fibre but he is receiving fibre broadband or so we thought from eir. He can't even switch for phone services. I have already contacted comreg as surely this is illegal. Awaiting your response eir!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gems1183 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My father recently received a letter stating that the bill was going up by €2a month but he was free to get out of contract if he wished without penalty. This was confirmed today by Johnathan in the loyalty team,who put through the cancellation as a switch and stated that he was free to switch provider. Thing is he isn't, other providers are saying line cannot support fibre but he is receiving fibre broadband or so we thought from eir. He can't even switch for phone services. I have already contacted comreg as surely this is illegal. Awaiting your response eir!!
    Hi gems1183,

We're sorry to hear this. Does it state on the bill he is availing of the efibre service?
    I'm afraid I can only advise on the products and services eir can offer and we would be unable to comment for any other providers.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

Hi Pamela,
    I don't know where I asked you to comment on other providers but he is paying for fibre on a line that according to tests is not receiving fibre or is capable of doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

gems1183 wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,
    I don't know where I asked you to comment on other providers but he is paying for fibre on a line that according to tests is not receiving fibre or is capable of doing so.
    Feel free to PM me the account number and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement